Menu

Magic School Bus Science Club on Educents!

*Michelle*

Am I correct that the videos or access to the actual episodes is not included? I have had the hardest time trying to find those for free anywhere!

Are they not on YouTube anymore? That's where we used to watch them. (Then I bought the DVDs and it was the bet purchase ever...and I didn't even get the Costco deal--$27.99!)

The ones I've found on YouTube were removed because if copyright issues...

:confused: They are still out there as far as I can see...

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=magic%20school%20bus

Eta: Sorry, the above is the mobile link, here is the regular link...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Magic+school+bus&oq=Magic+school+bus&gs_l=youtube.3..0l10.4952.9652.0.10245.16.14.0.2.2.1.534.2700.2j2j5j1j0j1.11.0...0.0...1ac.1.yMhGnEzII8c

Yes all the videos are on youtube as far as I can find. But really, unless this is for a 5yo( or probably younger), don't bother. Biggest HSing purchase I regret.

The sets were pretty BLAHHH! Not anything really exciting and the supplies provided were nothing special. Save your money and google some basic experiments to go with the topics. Actually the $1 science in a ____ books I got a scholastic were better (and what I am using for sci now).

For example:

"Air" kit:

experiment 1: deflate a juice box (not included), drink all the juice out and keep sucking till you get all the air out. observe

exp 2: upside down: use piece of cardboard (included), fill cup of water till completely full, place cardboard on top and hold it and then flip cup upside down, let go of cardboard (and hope it sealed completely or you have a big mess, my notes, not theirs LOL)

exp 3: use these (all from home) ice cubes, plastic bag, rolling pin and empty soda bottle: crush ice in plastic bag with rolling pin, put in soda bottle, close lid and shake, observe.

4: cut out swirly snake (included), attach string and hold above a heat source and watch how the hot air makes it spin (kinda worked, coolest one in bag according to DS)

5. candles: light 2 candles, put a tall jar(from home) over 1 and a short jar(from home) over the other, watch what happens (candles included)

6. put out a candle using baking soda and vinegar in a bowl (candle included)

7. make a balloon rocket on a string: thread string through the straw (both included), blow up balloon and close with a clothespin (both included): tape balloon to straw and hang string across 2 chairs, remove clothespin and watch

This is about what all of them are like. Minimal supplies and not "cool" ideas.

Please share what you find out! I think this would be great, but I'd also rather have all the kits at once so I can do it on my own schedule...

Well, I never received a message back, but I got a big box today with all 12 kits inside. Either they complied with my request, or they're sending them out like this automatically for the Educents deal.

Well, I never received a message back, but I got a big box today with all 12 kits inside. Either they complied with my request, or they're sending them out like this automatically for the Educents deal.

Oh wow! Well I'd decided to pass on this.... but now I'm interested again! :p

Thanks for the update.