Menu

What kind of George Foreman grill is best?

HappyGrace

We have a Cuisinart Griddler and it's worked well for years. The plates remove so you can wash them in the sink or pop them in the dishwasher. They're also reversible- one side is the grill plates and the other side is flat to make a griddle.

It's big enough for my family of four.

I have a cuisenart griddler too, and while originally I loved it, I've since realized that it doesn't heat evenly at all, so when I'm cooking meat, its very annoying. One piece will be half overcooked, and half perfectly cooked, while other pieces will not be done at all - I have to constantly move things around to insure evenness. I'm actually considering getting a george foreman grill. We really only use the griddler for sandwiches now. I loved the versitility of the griddler, how it could lay flat for pancakes, and had the reversible plates, depending on what you were cook - I even bought the waffle plates and have used it as a waffle maker.

So can the GF grill be used like a griddle too? As in, the removable plates are reversible or something like that? Or are they just removable to clean?

Do you like and use your GF grill? I'm afraid to get another appliance that will sit in the garage and keep the unused breadmaker and dehydrator company :glare:

I have a jumbo one (big eaters here) and I like it. It doesn't have the removeable plates because they didnt' have those when I got my GF. It isn't really hard to clean but I the next one I want the removable plates.

We go through spells of non use then use it daily. I cook all kinds of meat on it and some veggies. I have a friend that likes to use it like a panni press.

I got my Cuisinart Griddler last summer, and it did come with smooth griddle plates. They aren't separate -- you just turn over the grill plate, and on the other side is a smooth griddle plate for pancakes. I use it mainly for meat, and like it much better than the George Foreman grill I had that did not have removable plates. Clean up is much easier with the removable plates.

I got mine with a 20% off coupon at Bed, Bath and Beyond that made it a better deal than Amazon at the time. Also, Bed, Bath and Beyond has an awesome return policy so if it breaks its easy to go back and get another one.