Menu

Kids Assignmet book idea

Pongo

I finally finished the assignment book for my kiddos.

I went and let them pick those really cute pocket folders with the colors/pictures on them.(2 girls picked animals and the ds a race car, of course)

( Page 1) I created a Year-at-a-glance school calender schedule with ALL our days off/holidays/vacations.

(Page 2) I have their daily subject schedule timed (7:00 chores, 8:00 Piano, 8:30 English etc.)

(Page 3) Veritas Press song lyrics (for our time line)

(Page 4-24) Reading Book Log

For my 1st grader I added her assignment sheets right before the Reading Book Log (basic assignment sheets).

Then, I took it and had comb bound at Staples, with the pocket folders as the covers. They look so cute!

Lastly, for my older 2 I really love the Assignment Planner by RR so they each have one in the front pocket of the folder, it fit perfectly.

When we have our Fri. afternoon meetings they will fill in their assignment sheets/books. I think it's important to pass on ownership to them, hopefully the plan works :)

We all learn something every day! LOL

The notebooks look good. I really like the idea of making the pocket folders into the covers.

And the puppy dog is adorable too...

They are really thick and sturdy so I think it should hold up pretty good.

Your assignment books look great!

What kind of dog is Pongo? We had a stray show up here a couple of years ago and his face looks just like Pongo's. When shaved, his body has the markings and coloring of a St. Bernard. And he is huge (95 lbs). but he resembles Pongo's face so much - that same adorable look. So I am guessing our dog is 1/2 St. Bernard and 1/2 Pongo. We even have to trim the hair over his eyes so he can see.

Your assignment books look great!

What kind of dog is Pongo? We had a stray show up here a couple of years ago and his face looks just like Pongo's. When shaved, his body has the markings and coloring of a St. Bernard. And he is huge (95 lbs). but he resembles Pongo's face so much - that same adorable look. So I am guessing our dog is 1/2 St. Bernard and 1/2 Pongo. We even have to trim the hair over his eyes so he can see.

Pongo is a 85 lb."Goldendoodle" he is 1/2 Standard Poodle and 1/2 Golden Retriver. They can get to about 110 lbs depending on the size of the dad(if her was the Retriever)He has a low /non shed coat and he has his summer cut in that pic. , I have to trim, around his eyes or he will walk into walls :confused:. In the winter he has a 5 inch thick wavy coat. Does your guy shed? Here is a close up of a pic. I just sent his breeder.

He has a wonderful temperament and we just love him so much :)

These look great! And I never would have guesses it would be so reasonable to have them bound.

This is an ebook I use for assignment sheets

http://www.notebookingnook.com/JoyfulStewardIntermediateBoys/index.html

I think I will print them off and have them bound wiht a cover DS picks out like you did. Thanks for the great idea!

What a cute planner, I might have to get this for my little one next year. Thanks!

Okay, you made me spend the last few hours finally figuring out how to work my Digital camera from Christmas, Thank You for the push..lol

I think I set up an Online Album...at least I tried.

Here is where it should be:confused:

These are great! Do you have a list of the links where you got the pages? I think one page we saw was something you could download. I'd love to get the pages.

This may seem like a silly question, but I'm not that crafty. Honestly, I'm not crafty at all. But did you have to cut the folders before having them bound?

These will be perfect next year for my kids. We're joining a more academic co-op next year that will give homework, and they need a place to put their assignments from their teachers and to write down when everything is due.

Thanks again!

Kimberly

This may seem like a silly question, but I'm not that crafty. Honestly, I'm not crafty at all. But did you have to cut the folders before having them bound?

These will be perfect next year for my kids. We're joining a more academic co-op next year that will give homework, and they need a place to put their assignments from their teachers and to write down when everything is due.

Thanks again!

Kimberly

Yes, the folders were cut down the spine before they were bound so they lay flat :)

That looks WONDERFUL!

I love the idea of getting those folders and using them for covers. I am so happy you posted pictures because I was visualizing 3 ring binder, even when you mentioned the comb binding. Go figure. I am a visual gal.

I would like to do something like this, but I hop around everywhere that I don't feel I could plan out our schedule for a whole year. I make up their assignment handouts on Sunday and place them in the front of their folders (I use those 3 prong file folders with pockets). This seems to work well for us. But I am always looking for more ideas to help it make it better. :)

What are you plans with filling out their schedules?

What is your Friday afternoon meeting?

What is the the reading log book? I see it is 20 pages.

I like the idea of a daily schedule in each of their folders. I used to have one posted that was for ALL of us, but we are hardly all on the same schedule all the time (online classes, have to work with one, or two, while others are off doing something else, etc). I think I am going to sit down and really think (& pray) about this one.

Thanks for sharing what you have done. It has encouraged me.

During our Friday afternoon meetings we will go over the following week schedule and THEY (yes, my plan is the kiddos) will fill out their assignment pages.

The book log is basically every single book they have read for the year. It's been great because, I use my 5th grade dd's book log, for ideas for the next ones coming up because she is such a voracious reader I end up with an expansive book list.

It also let's me SEE how much they are reading.

HTH's

I think I'm going to try the folder covers this year with weekly lesson plan sheets similar to ELaurie's. Here's a link to a post of hers describing and showing samples of her planning sheets: http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31491&highlight=plans

I like having the blank weekly plans with room to fill in as we go throughtout the year.

My kids will love choosing folders to use as covers for their plan books. Great idea! Thanks!