Menu

Ignoring the decluttering/organizing challenges.

fairfarmhand

Yes....I stink.

But that's what I've been doing. And I plan on continuing to do. I am slowly sorting out cabinets, closets etc. But I really am too ashamed of my disorganized house to even open one of those decluttering threads. This way, If I don';t do it, I don't feel guilty.

Please tell me I am not the only one!

I'm a decluttering challenge drop-out too. I joined one on this board back in January, but never went back. I've still been working on decluttering, but I just prefer to do it on my own terms. Right now, I have several big goals I'm working on (not related to decluttering), so it was just more of a distraction than anything else. If it had been a priority for me, I would have found the challenges helpful.

So...all that to say you're not the only one! :)

I used to be big on flylady but totally quit. now, her emails started coming again and i was briefly inspired - but i havent had a functioning right knee for well over a year now. I'm 5 weeks past the operation intended to fix the knee, and i'm still on crutches.

which i THINK is a good excuse . . . but i tell you I'm starting to get really depressed. my house is in DESPERATE need . . .

You are not the only one! My house is even worse than usual because we have been remodeling for two months and had to move everything out of the kitchen, living room, and dining room and stuff it into other rooms.

My plan is to only put back into those rooms what is useful, beautiful, or truly sentimental, like my great grandmother's sampler she stitched when she was a girl, my daughters' art work, the aerial photo of dh's family farm, etc. It is supposed to be done this week, so I am starting to move things back into those rooms.

I have friends who are cleanies, friends who are messies, and some in between. I think the key is to be able to part with what you don't use or love. Another key is not to compare yourself to other people! They don't live your life, and you don't live theirs. Apples and oranges.

Keep plugging away, even if it is only fifteen minutes of decluttering on a busy day. The hard part is often just getting started.

Yes....I stink.

But that's what I've been doing. And I plan on continuing to do. I am slowly sorting out cabinets, closets etc. But I really am too ashamed of my disorganized house to even open one of those decluttering threads. This way, If I don';t do it, I don't feel guilty.

Please tell me I am not the only one!

Absolutely. I did some spring cleaning, then set up my own schedule for keeping the house more or less under control. I can't get more interested in it than that.

Laura