Menu

PSA my good friends...

Snickerdoodle

Oh ick. Crashes are never fun.

I once had spreadsheets with my grades for the semester just waiting for the final exam grades to be added. The the computer crashed. My husband works in IT. He took the computer in to work and wasn't able to get any data off of it. If I hadn't kept a hard copy as well it would have been awful!

One of my closest friends lost her mom about 4 years ago. She was keeping a journal on her computer since then, letters to her mom. The hard drive totally blew and no one could get anything off it. :crying:

I've always used an online backup, Mozy or Carbonite.

Agree!! External drives are inexpensive and easy to hook up. We have one that backs up our main HD in a regular basis. If we ever had a fire, I'd try to grab it on my way out. I should probably look into some off-site backup though.

We had a physical HD crash in the past. A piece actually fell into another piece and there was smoke and horrible noises. Nothing recoverable. Luckily the worst thing we lost was puppy pics if our dog. We didn't have kids at that point and I was grateful we learned THAT lesson before we ever lost baby pics!