Menu

Is there something like We Choose Virtues...

IceFairy

Why not make it yourself? You could probably come up with a great, personalized program for you and your kids. I looked at the program last year when someone mentioned it and then turned around to my bookshelf full of ValueTales and thought, you know what? I can do that. I can snuggle with my little one as he grows and over time, read all the biographies. I can have him come up with what the themed value means in one short sentence, and we can practice it actively for a week. We can make a chart on the wall. We can remember and keep track and keep these values at the forefront.

You probably have similar resources. :) Use a bit of creativity and tailor it just to your kids.

Or you can do what I did and just order the cards which are $15.00. We love this program and all I use are these cards.

This! just get part. even just the poster, or just the cards, or the poster and he cards is more than enough. We love We Choose Virtues, but really the only thing I use regularly are the parenting cards. http://we-choose-virtues.myshopify.com/collections/homeschool/products/parenting-cards

Or you can do what I did and just order the cards which are $15.00. We love this program and all I use are these cards.

Exactly!! I use the flashcards with my children - have for 1 1/2 years now. I laminated them so they are more sturdy and I LOVE them. You can make something similar yourself but, I'd say the cards are definitely worth the $15. I'd go that route before making them myself. They're great and the kids never get tired of them.

For our character training we are using www.characterjournal.com and going through one trait every few weeks. It might not be exactly the same, but it is free:)

Wow, thank you for sharing. This looks great. I have bookmarked it and plan to start incorporating it into our writing, Bible, reading times. Also, do you do a character trait a week or a month? There seems to be a wealth of information for each trait that you really could focus on different aspects of the trait for the entire month.

Thanks again for this suggestion.

Wow, thank you for sharing. This looks great. I have bookmarked it and plan to start incorporating it into our writing, Bible, reading times. Also, do you do a character trait a week or a month? There seems to be a wealth of information for each trait that you really could focus on different aspects of the trait for the entire month.

We usually get through about one trait a month. I made some notebooking pages for the kids to help them remember the highlights of each trait that you can find here under Character Quality http://wateronthefloor.wordpress.com/notebooking-pages/.

I usually go through the website and type out some notes on the trait before we start. I tried to attach it (not sure if it worked) but it makes it much easier to get teach. We are getting ready to start the third trait soon and once I am done with all of them I will probably post them.

I also printed off the Character Quality chart from the Duggars to make it easier to know what we are doing next and just to have a nice overview.

For a free resource, the Character Journal website has an incredible amount of information!

Character Quality notes.pdf

Character Quality notes.pdf