Menu

At what age did your dc start calling you "mom" instead of "mommy"?

At what age did your dc start calling you 'mom' instead of 'mommy'?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. At what age did your dc start calling you 'mom' instead of 'mommy'?

• younger than 5
    • older than 14

I call my mother mom, mama, and mommy still. I call my father dad. I still remember calling him daddy until I was 14 or so. I think he would be surprised if I called him that now. My mom answers to pretty much anything lol. Sometimes I call her by her first name to get her attention, but it feels naughty.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realized thinking about this question that my older kids called me "Mommy" probably until school age but my youngers are more apt to call me "Mom" just because that's what they hear all day long. My youngest will call me "Mommy" but only when we're playing with silly word games back and forth.

I'm "Mama" and my husband is "Daddy," but both my boys were about 8 when they started slipping "Mom" in here and there. I still call myself "Mama" though when speaking to them, as in, "Please bring Mama the glue." My little one regularly informs me that I should use pronouns. :tongue_smilie:

My son, 16 calls me mama. My daughters, 18 and 13 fluctuate between mom, mama, mommy, mother, and madre. I answer to all of them.

My kids grandmothers are Nanny and Mamaw, and they still call them that when they're with them, but around age 9 they started referring to them as their grandmas to their friends.