Menu

Graphic design books/programs for beginners? AKA how to physically design a HS curriculum...

I would really love a variety of suggestions, if anyone here has experience. I am looking to self-instruct. I am looking for something that would help me start physically designing the HS curriculum ideas I have floating around in my head (which are quite heavy on graphics). Ideally, I would like something that would allow me to create a sleek computer-based interface (similar to HITW Time Travelers). I want the product to look super "clean" and allow for different levels of imbedded links, but I also want it to produce a lovely paper product.

Have you thought about the ibooks stuff from apple? Then you can make your totally interactive product you're dreaming of and put it on an ipad for each student.

Hmm. That sounds perfect. Still saving up pennies for my iMac though. All I've got now is an iPad myself. How much could I do from it compared to with an iMac? My birthday is coming up though... :tongue_smilie:

There was a demo of what it could do in the Apple Keynote that it was introduced at... last summers maybe?

I think it is all OSX based though. BUt I also think there have been some other "things" announced in the higher level ePub designers, so you might be able to find a PC variant that would work well for you!

There was a demo of what it could do in the Apple Keynote that it was introduced at... last summers maybe?

I think it is all OSX based though. BUt I also think there have been some other "things" announced in the higher level ePub designers, so you might be able to find a PC variant that would work well for you!

Thanks for this. I'm definitely going to be getting an iMac. My laptop died a while back and I have an iPad now (which is mostly sufficient) but I want something for the family. I am looking for Mac stuff or just something that will also work on a Mac. I wouldn't want to do to much of the actual work on the iPad anyway, now that I think of it.

http://blog.openchan...omic-sans-1.gif

http://mashable.com/...c-sans-history/

:)

There are some Bob Books printables that use Comic Sans, and my 3 year-old keeps thinking the lower case a is a q. I'm not sure why, it's tail isn't THAT bad, but it makes me laugh that even he doesn't like it.

Also this one: a bit dramatic, but... http://patrickmylesdesign.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/comic-sans-cartoon1.jpg