Menu

Monthly Magazine Recommendations?

In her article, "Educating Ourselves: Classical Education for Adults," Susan Wise Bauer encourages learners to "Subscribe to at least one print version of a literary, technical, scientific, or general interest journal in an area that that intrigues you." What monthly journal(s) do you read, and why?

Oh, and here's the link to the article, if you're interested in reading it:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/educating.php

"Subscribe to at least one print version of a ... general interest journal in an area that that intrigues you."

Hopefully Cottage Living and Better Homes & Gardens fall into this category because these are my two monthly magazine subscriptions, lol. They ARE in my area of "intrigue" (homemaking).

:)

Does ANYONE out there read?

:bigear:

LOL Give us more than 11 minutes to respond. :o)

I've subscribed to Sky and Telescope, The New Yorker, Kenyon Review, Midwest Review (think that's the name?) and other smaller literary publications. Oh, Ploughshare, too. And cooking magazines. And I like Reader's Digest.

Some of my favorites are not monthly but quarterly mags. I like:

Scottish Life

Fons and Porters Love of Quilting

American Dream Home

Taste of Home

Log Cabin Living

Puppies

I also LOVE British addition mags. I pick up at least 1 sometime during the month from Barnes and Noble. I like the home interior ones. Even the adds are great since they are from England

I buy the above locally and not every month. I subscribe to Home School DIgest and Home School Today - both were gifts.

I also get the New Yorker. It is pretty liberal, and I am not, but I am able to sift that out and the information and research is SO thorough. DH is in politics and this helps keep me abreast with stuff he is knowledgeable about.