Menu

WA State peeps help me re: testing

You only need to have kids 3rd grade and up tested once annually. You can go through the school district or you can arrange for your own testing. If you do your own testing (by mail or through an educational/hs consultant or whatnot), you pay for it but you don't need to report the results to anyone...just maintain a record of them at home. Most all of the school districts in WA have a homeschool resource centers in some shape or form. I would call there to see about testing through the district first. They will know how/where in your area.

As an alternative to testing you can have a certified teacher do a report annually. There are some hs consultants who do this specifically.

In Lake WA school district, the family learning/homeschool resource is called Emerson. http://www.lwsd.org/school/emk-12/Pages/default.aspx

In Bellevue they closed theirs due to low enrollement. Call the district or a local school (hs students can enroll PT at any Bellevue school and usually public school testing is at the local school or the homeschool center) for testing info.

I don't know about Issaquah.

I've heard a little bit about Emerson. We're in the Northshore school district, so I was thinking to contact someone there on Monday and ask. I don't want to 'enroll' my child just to take the test. I dont' know why I feel so stuck! I just don't know which one to pick and how to do it... I'll get there.

I've heard a little bit about Emerson. We're in the Northshore school district, so I was thinking to contact someone there on Monday and ask. I don't want to 'enroll' my child just to take the test. I dont' know why I feel so stuck! I just don't know which one to pick and how to do it... I'll get there.

You don't have to enroll them for testing. They will just be more helpful than the main district office, where the employees may not ever realize homeschoolers can access tests and other services. In Northshore the homeschool center is called Northshore Networks. http://www.nsd.org/education/components/scrapbook/default.php?sectionid=18

There are a couple different homeschool groups administering tests this Spring on the Eastside. For example, this one is coming up in April through Homeschool Testing Services:

Full battery Stanford 10 testing available April 10th and 11th at:

Westminster Chapel

13646 NE 24th St.

Bellevue, WA 98005

Testing times are 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM and parents are NOT required to stay on-site at Westminster Chapel.

Test cost is $50 and you can register here: http://www.cctesting...month=04&day=09

The same organization is offering testing in June in Redmond.

I've most frequently used Family Learning Organization to administer the CAT at home myself, but if you're looking to be able to drop your child off for testing, there are several options and you shouldn't need to do it through the school district.

This is what we use. Easy peasy.