Menu

Paperback Swap!

Another PBS lover here too.

What I'm always shocked about is when I actually get an out of print book I've been searching for everywhere! I always put EVERYTHING on my wish list "just in case" and it has surprised me more than once.

I love it when I get a hard cover copy of something too that is like new. :thumbup1:

Paperback swap is fun. I also do bookmooch. I like each for different reasons. I am now number 22 for Stephenie Meyer's Eclipse so I hope to have it in the next month or so. I am Karen in Maryland on both sites.

I am glad to see this. I looked at PBS and got discouraged because some of the books I looked at had waiting lists of 40-60 people. So you actually do get the books when there are that many people in line in front of you? I figured I didn't stand a chance so I didn't sign up.

Also, could you tell more about what you like about each one? I would be interested in hearing how they are different.

• 1 month later...

I just signed up for it this week after reading it on a post here.

I wonder if you pick up locally if the person you picked up from still gets a credit. Has anyone done this yet?

There is a homeschool discussion area on the site as well located here:

http://www.paperbackswap.com/forum/forum.php?f=72

Happy Almost Labor Day Ya'll

Michelle in TX

I've been there about six months and have received some absolutely *awesome* books. Don't let the long wish lists scare you. If they are popular books, they move right along. I have a few books where I'm the only one on the wish list, and those will probably never be posted -- but you never know. *And* you never know who is going to want what *you* don't want anymore.

Since it doesn't cost anything to join up, you really have nothing to lose. Even if my WL books never come up, I never seem to have a problem using up my credits. :D