Menu

Easy Bible Verses for Children to Memorize (cc)

Slipper

We have not been regular church-goers for many years. We've recently started attending church and are very happy where we are at. However, we don't know many people there and I feel awkward asking this question.

My littlest daughter has gone through some trauma and has many issues with anxiety and is fearful, especially at night. In her mind, only God can help her and keep her safe. Her psychiatrist has told her to repeat to herself "God always wins" when she's afraid and that helps. I thought it might be helpful if she could memorize some short comforting verses for times when she is scared.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you :)

Psalm 42:8 - The Lord will command His lovingkindness in the daytime, And in the night His song shall be with me— A prayer to the God of my life.

Psalm 4:8 - I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

Psalm 121:4 - Behold, He who keeps Israel Shall neither slumber nor sleep.

Proverbs 3:24 - When you lie down, you will not be afraid; Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet.

Psalm 3:5 - I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the Lord sustained me.

Hope these help

Best wishes

Psalm 56:3: When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. (ESV) That's the one my daughter says when she gets scared at night.

If you are just looking for Scripture for her to memorize in general, try doing a search for ABC Bible verses, plus whatever version you prefer. There are a lot of lists out there that have a verse for each letter, and I think that's a good way to start out Scripture memory. You could also gradually work on longer passages like Psalm 23.

You could also look at the AWANAs books.

She'd probably be Sparks level, so start with the level 1 Sparks and you find Scriptures that K kids all over the world are memorizing and saying. So definitely appropriate for the age.

http://awana.org/awana-clubs/sparks-hangglider-outline,default,pg.html <-- This is the outline for the Hangglider program (Bk 1).