Menu

just curious...

ProudGrandma

Once a day, after dinner. Maybe i should be braver and put more in it and run it twice a day, since i' m washing by hand three times (after breakfast, lunch and dinner). I typically only load silverware, plates, and glasses. Daily, I hand wash pots, pans, coffee mugs with designs and my blender. My poor hands are always crying for lotion!

Once a day, after dinner. Maybe i should be braver and put more in it and run it twice a day, since i' m washing by hand three times (after breakfast, lunch and dinner). I typically only load silverware, plates, and glasses. Daily, I hand wash pots, pans, coffee mugs with designs and my blender. My poor hands are always crying for lotion!

Yes. you should!

Not directed at you specifically, but what is this aversion some people seem have to dishwashers? Do they not get the dishes clean enough? Not enough room? I do scrape well and give some things a quick rinse (I have a Bosch with no soft food disposal.), but overall it saves me a lot of work and most importantly I spend less time standing there at the sink.

Even my blender carafe goes into mine. KitchenAid says it can.

Once or twice a day. (But, ours is currently broken & we're in the process of getting a new one. Hand-washing is awful!)

I put pretty much everything in mine. (My philosophy is that if I can't put an item in either the dishwasher or the washing machine, I don't want to own it. ;) ) Exceptions to the dishwasher are wooden bread planks & other wooden items. And, I don't put good crystal in the same load w/ really dirty pots.

At least once a day, half the time twice a day.

I put every last thing I can in there, because I LOATHE hand washing dishes. I don't put cast iron in, obviously. I'll hand wash a big pot or bowl if it means I can fit everything else in to run it. Otherwise, it all goes in.

We eat 99% of our meals at home.

This. Exactly.

I love to challenge my dishwasher. I'll throw in the nastiest, crustiest, burnt-on mess of a casserole dish, and I get a little thrill when I pull it out all clean and sparkling.