Menu

Downton grrrrrr hold on spoilers until all have seen

Susan C.

We watched it for 3 1/2 hours. We missed last week because of the Grammys. So #7, #8 and Christmas Special.

Our cable came in and out the whole time so we missed key parts, it had a way of going out at the most suspense filled parts...

And NOT happy with the ending...... you all were right.....

That is all for now about our relaxing evening NOT.....

UPDATE: I tried to upload a FB cartoon, but couldn't. It said "Send in your pledge or another Downton Abbey character dies!! The most successful pledge drive ever."

I read a spoiler so I wouldn't sit tense the whole night.

Someone didn't renew their contract....... wish they had just gotten a replacement. Sure it would have taken some adjustment, but its better than what they did!!

That was my exact thought! And it's not like they don't do that with English shows. For All creatures great and small they changed the Helen character. Wasn't the same but I guess since she was a character that was throughout the series they couldn't kill her off...

They should have sent Matthew to New York for a year to study business with Cora's mother. See how all her big American companies and wealth are managed. Then, if Dan wanted to return to the series, fine. If not...another actor could have been hired for the following season to replace him. Another hot blond with amazing blue eyes, preferably. :) But no one asked me. LOL

I'm with you, Diane... it didn't have to be so HARSH. They could have left the possibility of said character coming back at some point - what if he changes his mind? I don't know. I just adore him (and his looks), so I'm pretty bummed. :)