Menu

We got a house. Now I need an inclusive homeschool group.

mommaduck

Also found this:

Here are some groups that may help you get connected in the area. Go to Yahoo! Groups and search for the following:

Charleston HS Times

An inclusive and tolerant place for homeschoolers of Charleston County to meet, discuss issues, share ideas, information, and to get to know other homeschoolers of SC right in your own backyard (county). (It says Charleston County, but they may have connections for you.)

SCkidshomeschoolactivities

This group is just for Activities and Field Trips. This group is OPEN to ALL that Homeschool.

EndeavorHS

ENDEAVOR is a member-governed, inclusive community of homeschooling families in the greater Charleston area. We encourage and respectfully support a membership diverse in homeschool style, race, religion, life philosophy, political views, and family composition and situation.

One more thing to check out. Apparently there is a Charleston-based group on Facebook called Field Trip Fridays (they're the ones with 130 members) that does trips together mostly in the Charleston area, but other areas also. They're doing a State House tour this week and people are talking about it regarding the House bill introduced last week, which is how I heard about it.

One more thing to check out. Apparently there is a Charleston-based group on Facebook called Field Trip Fridays (they're the ones with 130 members) that does trips together mostly in the Charleston area, but other areas also. They're doing a State House tour this week and people are talking about it regarding the House bill introduced last week, which is how I heard about it.

I wonder if the group is set to secret. It's not showing up. The ones for other areas are, but I cannot find one for Charleston or one with around 130 members (the others have between 27 and 40 members). Could you link or try to add me?

Try getting in touch with Carolina Homeschooler. The woman who runs it really knows what is going on around the state. She might be able to give you a contact person. You can Facebook her, or email her from her website for more privacy.

You apparently didn't see my lengthy reply to her in another thread where she suggested I look at the groups listed on her site. Every single group listed on her site had also been previously listed in my original post along with the reasons why we could not join them (basically, exclusive groups with parameters that I don't fit within).

You apparently didn't see my lengthy reply to her in another thread where she suggested I look at the groups listed on her site. Every single group listed on her site had also been previously listed in my original post along with the reasons why we could not join them (basically, exclusive groups with parameters that I don't fit within).

No, sorry!

I don't have any great ideas for that area, but if you want to come to Columbia, I can help!

I wonder if the group is set to secret. It's not showing up. The ones for other areas are, but I cannot find one for Charleston or one with around 130 members (the others have between 27 and 40 members). Could you link or try to add me?

I'm not in the group, but here's a link. Maybe you missed it because Friday is singular, sorry about that!

https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/groups/374606695926630

Have you talked with these people?

http://groups.yahoo....rlestonHSTimes/

They appear to be secular.

Just joined the BerkeleyHSTimes.

btw, I didn't mean my previous post to sound harsh. I'm sorry. I think I was rubbed wrong by CH because she didn't read my OP and/or I wasted time giving her site a hit when it was ground I had already covered. I have already been irritated off and on by the over abundance of exclusive groups that all seem to be in the same boat, leaving everyone else stranded or looking for those that are not as largely advertised.

Just joined the BerkeleyHSTimes.

btw, I didn't mean my previous post to sound harsh. I'm sorry. I think I was rubbed wrong by CH because she didn't read my OP and/or I wasted time giving her site a hit when it was ground I had already covered. I have already been irritated off and on by the over abundance of exclusive groups that all seem to be in the same boat, leaving everyone else stranded or looking for those that are not as largely advertised.

I understand! I'm sorry you've had so much trouble with this move and I hope this group will work well for your family.

I have already been irritated off and on by the over abundance of exclusive groups that all seem to be in the same boat, leaving everyone else stranded or looking for those that are not as largely advertised.

It's the same thing where we live. :grouphug: I don't know why certain segments of the population are so bent on completely excluding anyone not exactly like them. What's really fun is that everyone will tell you how "welcoming" the groups are... then you quickly discover that "welcoming" means they'll take conservative protestant Christians AND moderately conservative protestant Christians. Oh goody. :glare:

Sorry, that turned into quite a rant, didn't it? :p