Menu

world history credit over 2 years???

Or, if you are doing two credits worth of work, it would be perfectly reasonable to do "world history I" and "world history 2" both for 1 credit. Or you could do one "ancient history" and one "modern history" or any number of other combinations, depending on how fast you go through and how much work you do.

thank you...... I really didn't want to try and cram world history into 1 year...

I did not fully understand what you are planning to do; your OP sounded as if you were stretching one World history credit over two years. Or are you doubling the amount of world history you cover and do two full credits? In that case, label the courses differently and give one credit for each.

We are doing three years of world history, and I will award three separate credits for Ancient History, Medieval/Renaissance History, and Modern History.

I would call it World History: Prehistory to 1500 (or whatever year you want) and World History 1500 to Present and issue two credits for it (if you plan to do two credits worth of work).

The other thing you could do is arrange the transcript by subject and just mark down one credit for world history without regard for how long it took.

If I have to list what credits were completed which school year, I'm listing World History I...1/2 credit one year and World History II...1/2 credit the next. I think the way it will be listed on the transcript will probably depend on your state requirements and how the colleges you'll consider want to see it. Dd is also doing world literature and geography along with it, so she'll have World Lit and Comp I and then World Lit and Comp II, 1/2 credit each year as well as Geography I and II. I will change it up if I see it needs to be listed differently. If I could list credits by subject instead of year, I would just list them as one credit each.

I would name it World HIstory I and World History II or just World History, then Modern World History. It depends on when you break. I am assuming your going to put in the time and depth to make it worth a full credit each year. There is certainly more than enough subject matter to study World History broken into two years.