Menu

Polka anyone?

SquirrellyMama

My 9 year old asked me to put on some polka music this morning. When I asked why he answered, "Because I don't get to hear enough of it." Um, ok... I guess it will be a polka morning :)

We were dancing when the girls came up. One joined in and the other tired to hide. I think she learned that you can't hide from Polka Mama :) Good times in the morning :hurray:

Kelly

Love Polka!!

I'll always remember the day our strict ballet teacher decided the partnering class was entirely too stressed out. She said nothing but turned off the usual music and found a polka record, then spent the rest of the class teaching the dance. Best class ever, Madame Galina!

I live near a town with Swiss roots, and there is polka music almost every weekend--and the dance really fills up. The older folks are by far the best dancers. A few polka bands we've enjoyed that you can find on Youtube are Steve Meisner, Greg Anderson, and Johnny Koenig (not local but amazing on the accordian).

My 9 year old asked me to put on some polka music this morning. When I asked why he answered, "Because I don't get to hear enough of it." Um, ok... I guess it will be a polka morning :)

We were dancing when the girls came up. One joined in and the other tired to hide. I think she learned that you can't hide from Polka Mama :) Good times in the morning :hurray:

Kelly

A favorite memory is dancing the polka in the kitchen with my mom! Thanks for sharing!!