Menu

Music suggestions... Easy listening or jazz....

Rose in BC

I have a lot of stress in my life. Tonight I was out for a bit and at one place they were playing some really nice background music. I realized how relaxed it made me feel and realized how little music we listen to since stress has over taken us. We used to listen to much more.

Any suggestions for some relaxing tunes? I like jazz....actually I'm fairly open to any suggestions (except Lil Wayne or anything like Lil Wayne :)). Think Phil Collins :).

For some happy jazz, try "Live at the Village Vanguard". I have one by John Coltrane and a 7-disk series by Wynton Marsalis.

For more pushy music, how about "Diamonds and Pearls" by Prince and the New Revolution?

For just plain great listening music, you can't beat Theloniou Monk, Louis Armstrong, and Duke Ellington. For those calmer moments, I love "Jazz for a Rainy Afternoon".

My disabled dd loves music and it can calm her instantly when she's fussy. Her favorites are Nat King Cole, Diana Krall, and Adele (Adele is more upbeat--I would listen to the first two for calming!)

Forgot about Nat King Cole! I agree - so relaxing. Might have to go put him on right now. :)

Love Adele too.