Menu

Just for fun: Disney - how often do you go, for how long . . . .

SKL

Yes, those people are not "our people"...the mousejunkies of the world. And, btw, Mousejunkies is a fabulous book!! Super funny, and the authors understand us...the Disney obsessed of the world. It's a great read! A guidebook for those of us who already know a lot about Disney, but want to indulge our "habit" a little bit more. His whole section on eating at 'Ohana has me rolling on the floor every time I read it!! http://www.amazon.co...ds=mousejunkies

Off to order the book!

Thanks!

We've been once, back in 2006. We stayed 8 days, spent a TON of money, and it was amazing! Every one of us loved every minute of it. My only regret is that Cora wasn't old enough to go to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. :(

We would love to go again, but next time, it will be on a very strict budget. I just can't ever see us being able to spend the amount of money that we spent last month, unless we win the lotto, lol. It would be nice to go in about 4-5 years.

I can't imagine going multiple times per year or even every year. I think it's awesome that so many people can and do, but there are soooo many other places we like to go instead.

Quoting from "Mousejunkies"... This is the note you are supposed to pin to your shirt BEFORE your meal at 'Ohana. Fill in the blanks appropriately, then be sure to fall face-up on the walkway from the restaurant when your food coma hits.

My name is_______________. I am staying at the __________ resort. I have just eaten at 'Ohana and am dangerously engorged and cannot speak. Please roll me onto the nearest bus heading for the ____________ resort. There is a Fastpass for Toy Story Midway Mania in my top pocket. Please take it as a token of my thanks.

Bahahahahahaha!!! This books is full of gems like that one!! If you're a Mousejunkie...you know whereof he speaks.

Thanks for the recc...maybe that will fill my longing to visit WDW! I just ILLd the book...

I agree with Nono, it is practically a law that people in NJ vacation at Disney World lol. We go every year at Christmas time. We did have to cancel this year as we ended up having to use our savings for Sandy repairs but we will be back next year. Our local airport has several daily non stop flights to Orlando (did I mention that lots of people from here go to Disney lol) . We often run into people we know from here. Two years ago, we were on the same flight and staying at the same hotel as my dd's knee doctor. We stay for 8 days and leave on the 6 am or thereabouts flight from here and come back on the 11 pm flight back so that adds 2 more full days at Disney. We stay onsite. We love Magical Express and the monorail.

Our favorite park for all 4 of us is Epcot, since we are staying at a monorail resort, we end up most nights ar Epcot and often pop over early to Magic Kingdom. We only spent one day each at Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom as we have to ride the buses for those parks. Two years ago, we used the free dining but I found it to be a little stressful making sure we showed up for all the reservations (we tend to be more easy going with no restrictions) so last year, my dd found a good discount online where we got a good discount for our room at Grand Floridian (with club level) and having club level was so relaxing and we did not have to spend much money at all for outside of club level meals (ate at Coral Reef and 50's Prime Time Diner and all other meals at club level except for maybe a couple of quick counter service shared meals.

I go monthly or bi-monthly. But we live close enough for day trips. When we lived in Arkansas we would go 2 to 4 times per year for a week each time. Living so close, however, makes us go more for a specific purpose, not just a vacation. For example, I might go for a day of The Food and Wine festivities and not ride any rides.

We like to go every other year. We live in Illinois and we drive down. We have a timeshare in Orlando. We go down on a saturday and do Disney mon-wed-fri. Sun-Tues-Thurs we go to the beach and or other places (Gatorland, waterpark, Sea World etc) We can stay on site but we don't because while we LOVE Disney we couldn't stand it every single day and we like to go do other things and be outside the park. We usually stay about 15 mins away.

I REALLY want to go when the Christmas decorations are up one year. We usually go in September after school starts.

We've been once, back in 2006. We stayed 8 days, spent a TON of money, and it was amazing! Every one of us loved every minute of it. My only regret is that Cora wasn't old enough to go to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. :(

We would love to go again, but next time, it will be on a very strict budget. I just can't ever see us being able to spend the amount of money that we spent last month, unless we win the lotto, lol. It would be nice to go in about 4-5 years.

I can't imagine going multiple times per year or even every year. I think it's awesome that so many people can and do, but there are soooo many other places we like to go instead.

We also go other places :) We like to go national parks all over the country, we visit family in California and Colorado, we go to the beach (the only vacations my dh had growing up--we only stay for a night or two when my inlaws rent a place) and so on. We have not been abroad yet as a family, though.

We are Annual Passholders, so we go every couple of months. However, we JUST moved to Kissimmee (last Friday night) and we hope to be able to go even more often. Epcot is our favorite.

Prior to moving here, we always stayed off property (cheaper, with more room), and our trips were 1-2 days on average.

One of the things I miss most is Haunted Mansion at Disneyland all dressed up in The Nightmare Before Christmas. Heavy Sigh.

Dawn

It's become a Christmas tradition for our family to go to Disneyland sometime while the decorations are up. We only go for a day, but we have it down to a science. It's totally my happy place. I wish we could go more often!