Menu

LCHF people...

Chocolate Rose

I've been wondering the same thing! I servived Thanksgiving just fine, I had a great plan And stuck to it quite well. I have recently hit a new low....I haven't seen anything in the 130's for over 12 years. Let me tell you that made me happy! How is everyone else doing?

I've been wondering the same thing! I servived Thanksgiving just fine, I had a great plan And stuck to it quite well. I have recently hit a new low....I haven't seen anything in the 130's for over 12 years. Let me tell you that made me happy! How is everyone else doing?

Congratulations to you!!

I fall off the wagon intentionally during the holidays. Truth is I don't eat all that much, and during the holidays I'm so freaking busy I don't care WHAT I eat. Well not entirely....I love my veggies and I eat good in general. But yeah I love pumpkin pie and rolls. And potatoes. I coudl LIVE on potato dishes alone.

Here! I'm doing well apart from making the most AWESOME cookies on earth and having a few. But it's not the LCHF that is keeping me from gorging myself, its that apparently I've become gluten intolerant and if I eat too many I will be rocking on my bathroom floor in the middle of the night in pain, with my Dh coming in every half hour asking me if I need to go to the ER. So that puts a damper on things.

But otherwise, I breezed through T day and am still rolling on.

I fall off the wagon intentionally during the holidays. Truth is I don't eat all that much, and during the holidays I'm so freaking busy I don't care WHAT I eat. Well not entirely....I love my veggies and I eat good in general. But yeah I love pumpkin pie and rolls. And potatoes. I coudl LIVE on potato dishes alone.

Potatoes were definitely one of my downfalls. I do LOVE potatoes. But, it'll be a year in February since I last had one.

Do you have any trouble getting back to the lchf woe after you've eaten carbs? That's a huge fear of mine, that I wouldn't be able to get back on track because of the cravings that would come back.

Also, this weekend I'm trying several new-to-me cookie recipes in the hopes of finding one or two that would appeal to non-lowcarbers for a cookie exchange. So far, I'm disappointed. I want a really wow recipe and am just not finding what I'm looking for. I did find one recipe that I like a lot, but the cookies are too fragile for an exchange. The original recipe called for wheat flour and I subbed almond four. I'm wondering if subbing coconut flour instead might work.

Potatoes were definitely one of my downfalls. I do LOVE potatoes. But, it'll be a year in February since I last had one.

Do you have any trouble getting back to the lchf woe after you've eaten carbs? That's a huge fear of mine, that I wouldn't be able to get back on track because of the cravings that would come back.

Also, this weekend I'm trying several new-to-me cookie recipes in the hopes of finding one or two that would appeal to non-lowcarbers for a cookie exchange. So far, I'm disappointed. I want a really wow recipe and am just not finding what I'm looking for. I did find one recipe that I like a lot, but the cookies are too fragile for an exchange. The original recipe called for wheat flour and I subbed almond four. I'm wondering if subbing coconut flour instead might work.

Try the cookie recipe on my blog...

Speculatius

1 cup butter 1 cup lard

2 cups brown sugar 1/2 tsp. cloves

1/2 cup sour cream 4-1/2 cups sifted flour

1/2 tsp. soda 1/2 cup chopped nuts 4 tsp. cinnamon 1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Cream the butter, lard, and sugar. Add sour cream alternately with sifted

dry ingredients. Stir in nuts. Knead the dough into rolls. Wrap the rolls

in waxed paper and chill in the refrigerator overnight. Roll the dough

very thin and cut it into shapes. Bake in moderate oven 10 to 15 minutes.

(***Some blog editor notes on this recipe.

I exchanged the lard for butter. I also added 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of ginger, 1/2 tsp of mace. I omitted the nuts.

OMG, this recipe is amazing. It will go into The Christmas Cookie Recipe Box. The cookies are crisp, take royal icing very well, and are just plain delicious. I love them so much I'm going to invest in a St. Nicholas Cookie mold.)

I think almond flour would work really well with them. stnickcookie.JPG

These do sound good. Have you tried almond flour in place of the regular flour?

Sorry you were so sick. Are you positive it's gluten sensitivity?

Is this the awesome cookie recipe that made you so sick?

I am going to try it. I'm going to try spelt, too.

No, it's not the cookies that made me sick, it was an overdose on something with gluten--I forget now. And yeah, it's a total gluten sensitivity. Anytime I eat some I get totally gurgly. Not fun. I pay a price for cheating.

I am going to try it. I'm going to try spelt, too.

No, it's not the cookies that made me sick, it was an overdose on something with gluten--I forget now. And yeah, it's a total gluten sensitivity. Anytime I eat some I get totally gurgly. Not fun. I pay a price for cheating.

If you do try the cookies with almond flour, please post your review. I have a ton of cookie molds that are just waiting for a lc cookie recipe that will work with them. I've debated many times about selling them, but I like them too much.

Hope you don't encounter any more gluten!!

If you do try the cookies with almond flour, please post your review. I have a ton of cookie molds that are just waiting for a lc cookie recipe that will work with them. I've debated many times about selling them, but I like them too much.

Hope you don't encounter any more gluten!!

I will post, absolutely. And *don't* sell the molds!!!! I will cry.

I'm here, not super low carb right now but I've been lowering back down. I'm nursing a 3 wk old though so I'm not trying to go crazy. I still need to increase my fats, I'm trying but not getting it up enough. I'm losing inches in my upper half but my hips and thighs aren't budging much at all. I never do gluten here and am low dairy, I go off and on again with it.

I'm still here! Still low carb and have lost a few more pounds. I did eat some mashed potatoes last night but for the most part, I've stuck with it. I do plan on making some cookies that I can eat using almond flour. Like Mouse, I've realized why I had issues for years... When I cheated on carbs at Thanksgiving, I enjoyed some rolls and paid for it for several days. I seem to be able to eat small amounts of gluten but it's not really worth it to me anymore.

No I don't have a problem. I'm about 80/20 with being good vs not. I work out heavy and that keeps things steady for me. I don't have any health problems or food intolerances besides dairy so that probably plays a factor.

That and I'm not LC like some. I eat loads of veggies, some fruit, and I do eat lentils

I've been waiting for the Social Boards to come back...it just occurred to me today to look for our group here.

I am still LCHF...usually very low carb. I've lost 43.8 lbs in about 6.5 months. I had a mild-moderate cheat (on purpose) on Thanksgiving day, then got back on track the next day. I stayed LCHF for 15 days, then had a cheat--unplanned, but I blame dh. It really was his fault. ;) Now I'm up to 6 days without a cheat, I think. Today is day 7. It usually takes me 3 days to lose what I gained from a cheat, although the last one took me 5 days. So I'm waiting for Christmas vacation--my parent's house for a week--to cheat again. I think I'll do moderate carb for the week.

I'm still here!!! I tried to start a LCHF thread a few days ago, but it got buried. :) http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/444795-lchf-social-group-20-pounds-gone/#entry4540707

I've lost 21lbs and still going- LCHF, that is. I'm only trying for 3-4 more pounds because I like even numbers....its more about staying the course/on plan over Christmas when we are staying w/ people for a week....there has been enormous stress in our lives and frankly, having an eating plan is sometimes the only sanity- LOL I find comfort in having at least 1 part of life somewhat predictable and under my control- plus, I have dabbled enough w/ off-plan food, that I know its not worth it. Usually, 1-2 bites of something is enough- although not sweets. I cannot handle full sugar items, or even sweet potatoes, fruit etc- they taste sickening sweet at this point.

My long term plan is to add back more fruits & veggies in January etc...I just want to stay really low thru the holidays because the lower carb I am, the better I feel.

The title of this thread caught my eye...

May I join you ladies? I am doing LCHF; I need to lose about 80 lbs. My plans for the Holidays are that I will stick to plan except for 2 specific days: our Christmas lunch at work, and Christmas Day. We don't really do anything for New Years, so with those 2 planned days, I feel good. I will not go crazy, but I won't deny myself mashed potatoes or pumpkin pie :)

I there a specific Social Group that is LCHF?

~coffee~