Menu

Xbox Memory

DawnM

I got my boys the 4gb memory card thinking that was plenty! :glare: :glare: :glare:

Not even close!

So, I am looking at something like the 250gb for Christmas. I am looking but only see non-Microsoft branded memory devices. Amazon sells these for about $64.

I also see 320gb Microsoft branded ones for $120.

Are the non-Microsoft brand ones just as good or would you spring for the Microsoft branded one?

I go for the Microsoft branded one personally, but I haven't really checked it out that deeply. That being said I know the Microsoft one was made with the correct specifications for the system since they made the system so I feel a bit safer about buying it then an off brand one. On the other hand it is a harddrive so as long as the shape and connecters are correct there shouldn't really be an issue either way.

Thank you for starting this thread!!!! YOU ARE A LIFESAVER!!!

My ds12 has been telling me that he needs another hard drive for his XBox 360, too, but somehow I completely forgot about it until I saw this thread. I bought him a bunch of games, but without the new hard drive, he might not be able to play all of them, so I would have felt terrible on Christmas if I hadn't gotten it.

Now all I have to remember is what I bought the last time around. I know the XBox is the Arcade edition that came with very little memory. After looking at the prices of the hard drives, I am starting to wish I'd sprung for a whole new system on Black Friday. Memory is so expensive!

Hopefully, someone will be able to suggest a specific place to buy these things where the prices aren't crazy high! :)

We bought the Microsoft branded one, but it was on sale at the time. Maybe you can check with someone at Gamestop? We are in there so much that we are pretty friendly with all the employees. I often ask them questions like this. One of them has offered to help us put together a custom gaming computer, and they have pointed us to reputable repair shops, etc... I go there with all my gaming questions. I would also check reviews online.

If I get over there. I am trying to do everything I can online due to time constraints and very limited time to go out without my kids!

Calling seems to get me no where. There is a lot of, "Well, it is up to you and what you prefer." Not sure I will get better answers in person, although they tend to tout whatever they happen to have in stock to see me stuff.

I am already reading reviews......

We bought the Microsoft branded one, but it was on sale at the time. Maybe you can check with someone at Gamestop? We are in there so much that we are pretty friendly with all the employees. I often ask them questions like this. One of them has offered to help us put together a custom gaming computer, and they have pointed us to reputable repair shops, etc... I go there with all my gaming questions. I would also check reviews online.