Menu

Things kids say to make you feel old #101

sewingmama

DS(5) - Mum ,when you were a kid did you see any dinosaurs?

DD(6)- Don't be silly , mum isn't old enough to see dinosaurs :001_wub: but I know Dad saw some. :lol:

I think it's time for me to break out a timeline to go with our history studies :blush:

DH was complaining (mildly) about this or that, and 10yo DD the Elder, with perfect timing, pipes up with, "Maybe you're getting arthritis, Dad. You should discuss it with your doctor."

A few years ago, my daughter was talking about something that she'd do when she was an adult and she commented, "You'll be old by then." While I tried to formulate the correct response to this, she amended it, "Actually, you'll be dead." :blink:

Yesterday I was watching my dog try and chase my cat, but the dog was on tile floor and she kept running but not really going anywhere. It reminded me of the Flintstone's in their car, with their feet running and the car taking a while to get moving. My dd replied, "Sorry, Mom, don't know the Flintstones so I can't get there with you." Ouch.

My daughter was in a parade with a bunch of other girls and they were supposed to dress like "100 year old women". In discussing what that might entail and how to interpret it one girl interjected, "Easy! We just need to find some clothes from the 80's!"

I'm usually the perpetrator in these discussions.

dc: "Mom, did you ever have shoes like these when you were little?"

Me: "When I was little shoes hadn't been invented. We tied leaves or pieces of wood onto the bottoms of our feet. So, no."

dc: "Wha-? No. Did you really? Really, Mom? C'mon, tell me. Really?"

Today DS1 was taking a walk with his Grandfather, he ran off back to the house and about 5 minutes later his Grandfather got back to the house. DS: "We were racing, and I won." GP: "I can't really run that fast anymore." DS: "That is because you are old."

While technically true, my poor FIL!