Menu

Off-brand Liqueurs?

marbel

Hoping this topic is OK - I do believe I've seen wine discussed, and this isn't too far off. I can't find posting/topic guidelines.

I love a nice Amaretto or Kahlua coffee in the winter. But those liqueurs are getting to be out of my budget these days. I've seen off brands and wonder if they are any good. I'm not drinking them straight, so maybe the best quality doesn't matter.

Any opinions?

All off brands are not equal. In the small amounts that you mix in with your coffee even the bad ones are probably fine. Copa D Oro is a good off brand Khalua. St. Brendens is even better than Baily's Irish Cream because it is actually made with Irish Whiskey, which Baily's no longer is.

Thanks for the comments. I guess I will just have to try - taste being so subjective and all.

All off brands are not equal. In the small amounts that you mix in with your coffee even the bad ones are probably fine. Copa D Oro is a good off brand Khalua. St. Brendens is even better than Baily's Irish Cream because it is actually made with Irish Whiskey, which Baily's no longer is.

Thanks for the brand recommendations; I will start with those.

My mom made the Kahlua on this page once and it was excellent: (Second recipe down.) http://boulderlocavo...ee-liqueur.html

Now that looks fun. I may have to try that out!

Thanks!