Menu

P90X or Turbo Fire...

4kiddies

I did p90x previously but I'm not familiarly with Turbo Fire. p90x is a 6 day a wk program with alternating days of cardio, yoga (1x a week), weight lifting (different muscle groups for different days) and a separate ab workout(which is to be done 3-4 x a wk if I recall correctly). p90x seems to expect some level of conditioning at the beginning- at least I think it makes it much easier, otherwise you will be doing a lot of modification- which is fine you just need to make sure not to hurt yourself pushing too hard. Workouts are about 60-90 minutes for each of the 6 days.

I did p90x previously but I'm not familiarly with Turbo Fire. p90x is a 6 day a wk program with alternating days of cardio, yoga (1x a week), weight lifting (different muscle groups for different days) and a separate ab workout(which is to be done 3-4 x a wk if I recall correctly). p90x seems to expect some level of conditioning at the beginning- at least I think it makes it much easier, otherwise you will be doing a lot of modification- which is fine you just need to make sure not to hurt yourself pushing too hard. Workouts are about 60-90 minutes for each of the 6 days.

I'm doing P90X right now and love it! :)

P90x requires equipment, not a lot, and is less "dancy" than Turbo Fire. TF is more like some kickboxing with dance moves, great music, very fun. P90X is more "hardcore" not that it's harder but it's less "Come on ladies!"-dancy, fun, kwim? Have you looked at Insanity?

Thanks Halcyon for your input. I have looked at Insanity but was told that it can be very hard on the knees so I was going to start with something else first and then do that after. When you say P90X requires equipment, what does it require other than the bands?

I did P90x first and found it very easy to follow. I spent a month before getting into better shape, walking/running more and doing 30day shred video. I just started TurboFire and it is kicking my butt! It's a lot more jumping around and is really working me. I'm glad I did p90x first, I might have quit if I did TurboFire first. I'm going to stick with it, it is a great workout, but hard to follow, the moves are all so quick!

Can anyone compare the two for me? I plan on buying one of them today but can't decide between the two. Thanks.

TurboFire is essentially Tae Bo but with better music. It is ALL cardio. P90X is weight training and cardio. I recommend free weights over bands. It really depends on what you want. Insanity is an elite program and I do not start people there! If TF looks too dancy, there is also Les Mills Combat.

I have done Insanity many times and am looking forward to Combat. I pre-ordered mine and it should be here ... next week. My kids asked to do Combat with me. TF looked too girly for them.