Menu

Best Wii games for different ages?

I think I am going to break down and get my kids a gaming system for the first time ever this year. We will get a Wii. :laugh:

Now I just need game recommendations for the different ages.

6 year old boy

almost 10 year old girl

12 year old girl

15 year old girl

18 year old girl

I know the older ones would like a dancing game. I think I would like some sort of exercise game. I am really ignorant about gaming systems so all the help I can get is much appreciated.

Our favorite is New Super Mario Bros. Up to 4 players can play.

I also love Kirby's Epic Yarn. It looks cartoonish but it's gameplay is awesome. It says it's for up to 2 people but we found the 2nd person only got in the way so we treat this as a single player game.

Mario Kart for up to 4 players is also lots of fun.

My 4 year old son loves Batman for the Wii. He also loves all versions of Mario. My girls love Just Dance, any variation of it. My 2 year old loves, loves, Just Dance Kids. She can hardly do it but she's in there trying! Just Dance seems to be universal for everyone to enjoy it. Mario Kart and Wii Sports are also ones that everyone seems to like. My 64 year old non-gaming mother loves Wii bowling!

My teenage girls love Just Dance, and it's quite a workout! We all love Super Mario, Wii Sports, and a new family favorite is Pictionary. I like Mortal Kombat, but it's tricky getting used to the nun chucks. I was SO thrilled to get Legend of Zelda, but I ended up returning it because I couldn't figure out how to work the nun chucks :(

The Just Dance games are fun. My boys (10,12) like to play super smash brothers. We also love any family games that we all can play.

Last christmas we got an xbox 360 kinect which is a ton of fun for the whole family. The kinect is a special camera that allows you to control the game without a controller by body movement. We have found that to be more fun than the wii. Black Friday has the xbox 360 kinect bundle for 199 all over.

John

What would I need to purchase if I decided to get this system instead? I like the looks of not having to hold a controller. I would want to have the fitness program and the Just Dance game for sure.

My teen son loves Harvest Moon games - you are a farmer and grow things, its an ongoing thing. My daughter loved that one, too, esp Animal Parade. We love most Mario and Lego games. Wii Music if they are serious about Wii. Animal Crossing is another ongoing game, you are a person in a village.