Menu

Thread tags

annandatje

Oh, I wish that wasn't true! Sometimes people ask a question and don't put a tag on the OP and 30 posts later that entire thread of messages is the most valuable resource and without a tag it will be lost for future searchers! I understand the desire to slow down the "silly" tags but I wish anyone was able to mark a message later with a tag. For example, I wanted to take the IEW post that is currently active so I could find the information later and I couldn't. Now, I'll have to back and bookmark all the links so later later in 3 months I can hopefully find the links on my personal list of bookmarks on my computer. I think we will loose some valuable information for newbies without being able to put tags on easily.

While I miss the ability to tag threads, I understand the moderators omitting that function since people use the tagging feature for entertainment and unfortunately sometimes for mean-spirited tags. The thread star rating feature was used in same manner: members would one-star threads they disagreed with or threads started by members they disliked.

I'm bookmarking or following the threads that I would have tagged on old board.

tags are still being worked on.We should have it finished later next week.

hoping the 'autofill' function will be included....when I was just putting on new tags, I couldn't tell what any old, similar tags were that might be only one letter off the new ones....but therefore make searching harder if I end up creating completely new tags...

Joan