Menu

Teachers Lounge Let's Talk Turkey!

Or not. :D

Welcome to the Lounge! Come in and sit a spell or a day. Take a nap. Nosh. Jabber. Vent.

Parents and Teachers ONLY. We need respite somewhere, right?

Just an FYI: the Teachers Lounge will be closed tomorrow through Sunday.

Now,

What's on your menu today? Here: breakfast: gf biscuit/muffins; lunch: lettuce, horseradish, and beef wraps. Dinner? Some restaurant will be doing me that favor! :coolgleamA:

Plans for today? my list is too long as we're planning on leaving tomorrow. Yikes! :crying:

And for those who want to know: I received a 98% on the final paper in my first Masters Degree course! Woohoo! :hurray:

Talk to me! :seeya:

Congrats on your paper!!!

Our menu: GF toast and a fried egg for breakfast, leftover spagetti squash and greek yogurt with kiwi for lunch, and brats with cabbage for dinner..

My plans...well, my preschooler is here today, so we worked on a Thanksgiving lapbook. Then we went to the butcher to pick up our turkey (22lbs!!! :w00t: ) and had a run to Walmart. Now I just need to keep her occupied until her mom picks her up. Thankfully dd12 is being nice and playing dolls with her. Then dh and I go to pick out windows for our house, and go see how much framing they got done today.

Breakfast as usual is on your own. There were some biscuits and nutella, some yogurt, some bananas, and some yogurt covered raisins consumed by different people at different times.

I am babysitting a toddler and trying to get as much school done as possible today, so lunch will be pretty un braggable about :0 ie: probably something out of cans.... Dinner, we will do some baked potatoes and salads and throw on some protein somehow.

We are trying to get the core stuff done this morning. I plan to read a stack of good picture books at naptime on all subjects (Christmas, India, Birds... went to the library yesterday) and hopefully a chapter of SOTW before a playdate this afternoon and the girls' Christmas pageant rehearsal this evening.

Good morning. Congrats on your paper.

You'd better get busy if your leaving.

Breakfast today for me was my usual (Greek yogurt, berries, coconut and flax). The kids will have homemade gf waffles. Lunch for me is pb&apples, and the kids will have roast beef sandwiches. Dinner tonight is "something with ground beef." What the something is will depend on how I feel at 5 when I make it.

Plans for today include working and taking a nice long walk. I'm trying to relax this week since the girls are out of school. Tomorrow is PIE day. We're baking and cleaning tomorrow (plus I'm working).

Hoping my next round of school books arrives today so I can get a jumpstart on reading. Or maybe I can use them to discipline the kids

who have decided today is quarrel day. :cursing:

Waiting for my pants to be done in the dryer so I can go run necessary errands. Pizza may be for lunch and wraps for dinner.

I've never been to the lounge before...I'm not longer a teacher, but I am a parent. Hope you don't mind if I join in!

I am finishing up work for the day. Then I will run to Target to pick up a few things off of my Christmas list. After I pick the kiddos up from school, we will head home so that I can start cleaning. I am not hosting Thanksgiving dinner, but I find that I enjoy holiday time so much more when my house is clean. I put on a pot of vegetable soup last night, so all I have to do is to reheat it for dinner tonight! I find that I generally like soup better after it has set in the refrigerator over night. Weird??? Maybe... :001_cool: