Menu

Drill Math Facts on PAPER- Suggestions?

tullyfamily

A friend who is a math professor told me to aim for 100 problems in 5 minutes. Then, you move onto the next operation. After they have mastered each of the 4 operations (100 problems in 5 minutes), you try and reduce the time. She suggests that most children should be able to get down to 100 problems in 3 minutes.

She suggested this website. http://themathworksheetsite.com/

I have also used math-u-see to generate math worksheets for drill practice.

Dd10 has enjoyed http://themathworksheetsite.com/ for their 5 minute drills, especially in multiplication. Each time you click on it it makes a new sheet with the facts from 0-10, in a different order. The goal is to do it in under 5 minutes and she loves having a clear beginning and ending time, as well as a concrete goal/purpose for doing this. We're almost there!

Also has addition/subtraction/division, and non-timed sheets.

This is what I used for multiplication. It worked fabulously. I used the 5 minute drills. At the time (early 2nd grade), his writing wasn't fast enough to get that many problems in that amount if time, but he probably could now. I didn't worry about that. I was more concerned with him knowing the facts. I told him to skip any he didn't know, then I went over the paper in front of him and asked him any he skipped. By the end of the page, he had the couple problems down pat that he hadn't known previously.

Five Minute Facts by Susan C. Anthony are great but they are not printable. You would make copies according to what they need or put the whole thing in page protectors and do it that way......There is one for each operation and one called Casting Nines but I don't own that one so I can't speak to it. I also make copies of their 5 minute fact drills from Saxon and use those over and over.....