Menu

Didja hear that? That was me screaming.

:lol::lol::lol:

I do remember those lovely cockroaches in the Rutgers dorms. I had never even seen one before student housing.

But Junebugs are different than cockroaches. They're better. They aren't quite so nasty. Just ugly.:lol::lol:

Holy wow. I never saw one in the dorm--only when we lived in those hideous apartments on Hamilton Street.

Yes, Junebugs aren't so bad. We keep finding them in our pool filter, blech.

This thread is making me want to go hug my ant visitors in the kitchen :svengo:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: You are twisted.:lol:

I know!

The thing is that I'm not good at getting them with tissue or a swatter, but I can spray them in stealth mode.

Ds11 is very good at killing all manner of bugs...even with his bare hands! I don't even care. That's why we have soap, right?

I spent most of my younger life in Florida. One morning I had a bad dream about something crawling up my thigh. Turned out to be real. I screamed, grabbed the creature, and threw it against the wall so hard it splattered. It was too big to be a bug.

I am soooo sorry this happened to you. It is nightmare fodder for sure. But I did go on to get my degree and have 3 kids. So life as you know it will not stop. But I do ((shudder)) remember my little incident 20+ years later.

:grouphug: Dana

I spent most of my younger life in Florida. One morning I had a bad dream about something crawling up my thigh. Turned out to be real. I screamed, grabbed the creature, and threw it against the wall so hard it splattered. It was too big to be a bug.

I am soooo sorry this happened to you. It is nightmare fodder for sure. But I did go on to get my degree and have 3 kids. So life as you know it will not stop. But I do ((shudder)) remember my little incident 20+ years later.

What was it?

Jet

Oh, I'm going to sleep so poorly tonight.

What on earth was it?

That's encouraging, Dana. You appear to be a very productive member of society!:lol::lol: I think that I will survive.:lol:

What was it?

Jet

Oh, it was a Palmetto bug. Which is a *giant* cockroach. And I think it flies. At least I remember wings. Elaine, did your bug have wings? <<<shudder>>>

And if you're ever thinking of moving to Florida, I have a few stories to tell about giant hopping spiders, snakes, lizards, and big 'ol mosquitos. (I am sooooo glad I don't live there anymore).

What was it? Did you ever find out? Eeewwww!!!

Ohhhh I hate those things. Get a gecko. Let him run loose in your house and you won't have to worry about them anymore......:lol:

A Gecko? I prefer to live in a house with only humans. We don't even have fish. A Gecko? like the Geico thing? Loose? Now I have the willies.

A gecko?? Gadzooks, woman! Are you trying to kill me??:lol::lol:

36_1_19.gif LOL. That reminds me of my squirrel. Problem, well lately I havent seen any and the reason is , now we have a bobcat problem. My dh says see now you got rid of them naturally.

Jet

Ohhhh I hate those things. Get a gecko. Let him run loose in your house and you won't have to worry about them anymore......:lol:

Wow, really? I'll have to file that way under "things to consider if I ever have to live in some tropical place where there are such really bad bugs that you'll even give a lizard free reign of your home just to keep them away." :lol::lol:

Oh, it was a Palmetto bug. Which is a *giant* cockroach. And I think it flies. At least I remember wings. Elaine, did your bug have wings? <<<shudder>>>

And if you're ever thinking of moving to Florida, I have a few stories to tell about giant hopping spiders, snakes, lizards, and big 'ol mosquitos. (I am sooooo glad I don't live there anymore).

Gross, I am never going to Florida.

Jet

36_1_19.gif LOL. That reminds me of my squirrel. Problem, well lately I havent seen any and the reason is , My dh says see now you got rid of them naturally.

Jet

Oh my! I am really laughing! This is so funny.

now we have a bobcat problem.

We just got back from Florida. At one rest stop on I-75 there was a sign warning people about poisonous snakes. After my 7 year old went on a tirade about how they are venemous and not poisonous, my 3 year old wouldn't get out of the car. We had to go to another place for her to potty. And you know how 3 year olds don't like to hold it. It was a long couple of miles to that McD.

Wow, really? I'll have to file that way under "things to consider if I ever have to live in some tropical place where there are such really bad bugs that you'll even give a lizard free reign of your home just to keep them away." :lol::lol:

On the upside, your insurance rates will never be better!

Cross North Carolina off of your list, too. Did I mention the black widows on my wood pile?

Remind me again why I moved here.:lol:

We got those and the snakes in beautimous San Diego. Is there a place where there are no snakes or bugs.

What about Alaska, lets all pack up and go there. I bet the cost of living is good.

Jet

We have those something awful this year. You can't open the door at night to let the dogs out without a half dozen getting inside -- and then the next half hour is spent dispatching the nasty things. I just noticed the past day or two that there don't seem to be too many. Maybe they've moved on to your house!

We have those something awful this year. You can't open the door at night to let the dogs out without a half dozen getting inside -- and then the next half hour is spent dispatching the nasty things. I just noticed the past day or two that there don't seem to be too many. Maybe they've moved on to your house!

Yuck!!!!

Are you talking about snakes, junebugs or spiders.

Actually a half dozen of anything except donuts, is way too much.

Jet

Hmmmm....somehow I don't think it's worth the savings!! :001_smile:

Oh, trust me. In Hawaii, we loved our gecko. He was a welcome member of the family. Good luck, geckos.

And there's nothing more entertaining that sitting through church services just waiting for the gecko on the ceiling to fall on the preacher. (It only happened once that I remember, though.) Good times.

Are you talking about snakes, junebugs or spiders.

Actually a half dozen of anything except donuts, is way too much.

Jet

Great, now I'm overtired and hungry. Anj, we're on the east coast, for pete's sake. Why are we still up?

Hmmmm....somehow I don't think it's worth the savings!! :001_smile:

:lol:

And there's nothing more entertaining that sitting through church services just waiting for the gecko on the ceiling to fall on the preacher. (It only happened once that I remember, though.) Good times.

:lol::lol::lol: That made me larf so hard I almost woke DH!

Great, now I'm overtired and hungry. Anj, we're on the east coast, for pete's sake. Why are we still up?

I have no idea. We really, really do need to get some sleep, don't we?

Part of my problem is that dh will be here tomorrow and I know I don't have to function as early as usual.

That's bad, isn't it? ;)

Oh, trust me. In Hawaii, we loved our gecko. He was a welcome member of the family. Good luck, geckos.

That is too funny!:D

Part of my problem is that dh will be here tomorrow and I know I don't have to function as early as usual.

That's bad, isn't it? ;)

And your blog link is making me sing... Mediate, try not to hate, love your mate,

That's bad, isn't it? ;)

Nope , I would sleep in late too. With EWTN in the background.

Jet

That's a riot, Pam. I can only imagine! :lol::lol:

That's bad, isn't it? ;)

Actually, I think that's great. Mine has to be up extra early tomorrow, and so do I, to pack those flingin'-flangin' camp bags :glare: My problem is that I fell asleep for five minutes earlier tonight, and it totally screwed me up *sigh*

Good night, all!

And your blog link is making me sing... Mediate, try not to hate, love your mate,

Argh! Now that's going to be in my head for three days. Well, at least it finally drove that "I Kissed a Girl" song out. Catchy tune, that. Catchy, sinful tune...