Menu

Feeling down-- in need of prayers

Hello everyone,

I had a rough weekend and just need some prayers. This is our first year homeschooling. While I LOVE the time that it has given us as a family and my favorite time of the day is HS, I sometimes feel worn out and exhausted and have a hard time keeping up with other things I need to get done.

Having said that, the reason this weekend was hard is b/c my husband had to travel for a wedding this weekend. I was so looking forward to going with him and having a "date weekend"--- getting dressed up, being together, having nice meals where I didn't have to feed anyone but myself and the baby that is in my womb! Yet we couldn't find a sitter, so he went by himself. He had to go, as he was in the wedding. Now I don't want to bash my husband or anything, just say that I feel so down b/c I didn't get to go. It is like I just can't shake this sadness and feelings of frustration.

I know much of my role here on earth is to serve others. It is hard but I do it. Just sometimes I get wiped out and feel overwhelmed. I do believe in spiritual warfare and believe that I am being pulled down. I just can't barely even feel like praying, and when I do I feel my prayers are not listened to.

Anyone else ever feel this way? I feel so alone. I love my children but sometimes need a break. Any tips/advice?

Hello! I'm soo sorry you re feeling overwhelmed, discouraged, sad. I think a lot of us have BTDT. I find that putting on some good hymns help to lift my spirits and gets me out of my little moods.

I also love serving others and a always looking for ways to share Gods love and grace. When we think of others and help them, it really helps to take our minds off our problems:-)

Praying for you:)

Thank you to everyone who wrote encouraging words, lifted me up in prayer, and sent hugs. It means so much. The power of prayer--- I felt better this afternoon than I have in days, which is a "peace that surpasses all understanding." Thank you for your empathy and compassion. It helps to know I am not alone. Thank you so much for your prayers. I can't tell you how much that means to me. God bless you all.