Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 10/28 - 11/3

Saturday: 5 mile run. PR!

Sunday: Easy 3 mile run.

I have a question for those of you who run outside. How do you know how far you've run?

I have a Garmin watch that keeps track of my mileage and shows me my pace. I asked for it on my last birthday to keep me running. Worked like a charm.

Several yoga sequences

I have a question for those of you who run outside. How do you know how far you've run?

When I used to run, which I miss dearly, I drove my route and looked at the mileage counter on the car. You could also sort of guess-timate and see how long it takes you to run 1 mile.

Several yoga sequences

When I used to run, which I miss dearly, I drove my route and looked at the mileage counter on the car. You could also sort of guess-timate and see how long it takes you to run 1 mile.

Edited by lynn

I think that's what I'm going to do. There is no way I could get a gps watch. Holy moly expensive. I'm not a serious runner. I only run a few times a week as most of my exercise is to dvds in my house. So I can't justify the expense. I will only be able to run up and down my dirt road so my kids can be outside with me and in view at all times. I'll just drive my road and see how far it is.

I did, however, buy a new pair of running shoes. I love my Nike Free Run, but as I mentioned I live on a rocky dirt road and rocks always got stuck in the soles. So I bought a pair of Brooks Pure Grit. I was able to to get them for $40 off the original price. Can't wait to run in them. It's my anniversary tomorrow so they are my present from dh. :D

I also scored a pair of shoes for my oldest. He needed a pair of sneakers. He wears birks 9 months out of the year, but with cooler weather coming he needed closed shoes. I found a pair of Reebook Zig in his size for $30 total.

It was a good shoe shopping day.

So I wanted to run this morning. However, I got a late start as my kids are still battling a cough. Instead I did a quick Denise Austin workout on youtube.

Does anyone have any favorite workouts on youtube?

Did BJJ three days in a row plus other stuff, so sore. Anyway, picking up with Insanity today and tomorrow. Yesterday got myself new running shoes as well. I signed up for another 1/2 marathon trail and needed some trail shoes.

Ran on Sunday. I have a route plus I also have a dirt track near my house.

Did BJJ three days in a row plus other stuff, so sore. Anyway, picking up with Insanity today and tomorrow. Yesterday got myself new running shoes as well. I signed up for another 1/2 marathon trail and needed some trail shoes.

Ran on Sunday. I have a route plus I also have a dirt track near my house.

You can't post you bought trail shoes and then not reveal which shoes. That's breaking the unwritten exercise thread rules. ;)

A trail marathon sounds fun.

You can't post you bought trail shoes and then not reveal which shoes. That's breaking the unwritten exercise thread rules. ;)

:iagree: How different is trail running? I am going to do a trail 10K in February because I was a bit scared of doing the 1/2M. I am interested to see how different it is.

Ha! I show on my FB page. Here is the link to my dorky video. In case it doesn't take you directly to the video, it is the one that is 6:10 long.

Trail is so hard. I felt like crying after it was done. I have another dorky video about it. It is 17 minutes long.

Sunday: sprints (I alternate very fast running with walking). I don't record time or distance. I go different ways each time and do what I feel like doing that day. Usually I'm gone about twenty minutes. With my iPod on, it's really enjoyable.

Monday: the kids were with their grandma, so was able to do a half hour fast walk

Tuesday: strengthening exercises (push-ups and the like; also use 5 lb free weights)

Wednesday: break today. Although maybe I'll feel like doing something tonight before bed after eating all that candy. :tongue_smilie:

Sunday: sprints (I alternate very fast running with walking). I don't record time or distance. I go different ways each time and do what I feel like doing that day. Usually I'm gone about twenty minutes. With my iPod on, it's really enjoyable.

I love sprinting burts. Did one fast sprint at the end of my run yesterday.

Sunday, 10/28/12 ~ nothing

Monday, 10/29/12 ~ 3.11 miles on treadmill (41 mins)

Tuesday~ 2 miles on treadmill (27 mins)

Wednesday ~ planned day of rest (well, I did walk about 3 miles with the kids while they were trick-or-treating, but it was a very leisurely pace).

Thursday ~ unplanned day of rest

Friday ~ 3.1 miles on treadmill (40 mins)