Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 10/21-10/27

Going swimming soon.

I didn't get to exercise yesterday. We went out for a long very early morning drive to see the sunrise on the other side of the island. My goal is to see at least one sunrise every year. I would do more, but it's not always easy from our home. Here's just one picture from yesterday.

post-16151-13535087736261_thumb.jpg

What a sunrise. Negin, I thought of you yesterday. I was reading the magazine Oxygen (I like this one)and it had a blurb about where one works out can affect mood. Outside exercise tends to give people extra enjoyment, calmness, and refreshment than indoors. Researchers is the UK then compared urban parks, the countryside, and the seaside. Of the three the seaside showed to be most beneficial. So it's suggested to exercise on the beach when you can. :)

Yesterday, we worked on our garden. We got the dirt ready and planted most of our plants. We need to add a few rows for the rest.

Today, I did some of the training from the magazine above. I did:

standing calf raise 3 sets of 10, followed by seated calf raises 100 reps.

standing leg curl (with resistance band) 3 sets of ten each leg followed by stiff-legged dead left 100 reps.

split squat 3 sets of 10 each leg followed by seated leg extension 100 reps

lying biceps curl 6 sets of 8

reverse dumbbell curl 6 sets of 8

decline hammer curl 3 sets of 8

standing alternating bicep curl 6 sets of 8

I think I need heavier weights although by the 6th set I was feeling it.

I'd like a watch to track distance.Any recommendations?

Edited by Kleine Hexe

Going swimming soon.

I thought of you yesterday. I was reading the magazine Oxygen (I like this one)and it had a blurb about where one works out can affect mood. Outside exercise tends to give people extra enjoyment, calmness, and refreshment than indoors. Researchers is the UK then compared urban parks, the countryside, and the seaside. Of the three the seaside showed to be most beneficial. So it's suggested to exercise on the beach when you can. :)

Thank you for the lovely encouragement :grouphug:. Although I mostly use our pool, the beach is so close to us (across the street) and I need to go there more often also. Every time I go, it feels like absolute heaven.

Yesterday, we worked on our garden. We got the dirt ready and planted most of our plants. We need to add a few rows for the rest.

How nice. Gardening is great exercise. Your magazine workout sounds very good also. I often clip and file my favorite magazine workouts. Been doing that since my teen years.

We took the dog for a romp in the woods for about an hour yesterday. Nothing hard core just out and about.

Today I did 30 minutes on the treadmill. I'm going to do some arm work with the hand weights.

I missed my goal weight for the 19th. I weighed 178.4. The goal was 177.4. Today I'm 177.5.

Wednesday: 12 mile run. Last long one before our half marathon on Nov 11.

:thumbup: I was just going to ask if those of us with races coming up soon could post when the big day is. May the wind be at your back!

Wednesday-3 miles. Still hot. Tomorrow is supposed to be a bit better, only 81F, but it is still going to be a brute of a run on Thursday.

I'm in the tapering phase of my training for a 10K on November 17th.

Working the Insanity/Asylum hybrid. I wasn't able to make Pump! work in my schedule; not daily but I couldn't fit a full round in before some things came up.

I signed up for a trail half marathon in January! I am trying to four of them for 2013. So my future looks like a lot of Insanity, Asylum Volume 1, and Asylum Vol. 2 (yep, there is a sequel out!).

:thumbup: I was just going to ask if those of us with races coming up soon could post when the big day is. May the wind be at your back!

Wednesday-3 miles. Still hot. Tomorrow is supposed to be a bit better, only 81F, but it is still going to be a brute of a run on Thursday.

I'm in the tapering phase of my training for a 10K on November 17th.

Thanks! And let the tapering begin. I only have a few easy 5-milers and shorter runs over the next two weeks. Yay! I'm going to sign up for a Feb 2013 10K. I'm excited to try out that distance. I've only raced 1/2Ms and 5Ks.