Menu

Building Thinking Skills CD?

teamturner

Has anyone used the CD version of the Building Thinking Skills Book 1? I'm just curious if it's worth it to have it be interactive and in color for my dc who probably won't be too thrilled to have yet another workbook to do if I decide to do this program :confused:.

Thanks for all replies!

• 1 year later...

I have the CD for Building Thinking Skills Beginning (I think?) -- it's the level for 2nd-3rd grade. My dd loves it. I love that I can keep track of her progress and figure out where she's having trouble by just looking at her stats. It's challenging and fun for her and gives her a break from workbook work.

ETA: I also like that I will be able to re-use it for my younger dd next year. :-)

Edited by amsunshine
Added more...

I have tons of materials from CT Press - all in book form, which is how I prefer it, except Building Thinking Skills. We hated the workbook. Even me. So big, so boring. Got through about one section and shelved it.

I ended up getting the software later and sold the doorstops - I mean workbooks. My dd is in there using it now.

We have the BTS cd and my daughter really enjoys using it. I only assign it to her on Fridays, but she uses it on other days as well just because she likes it so much. My son isn't as thrilled about it, but he's not really big on software programs. I think it's a good program. I like it a lot better than the workbook.

Lisa

I have tons of materials from CT Press - all in book form, which is how I prefer it, except Building Thinking Skills. We hated the workbook. Even me. So big, so boring. Got through about one section and shelved it.

Wow this is an old thread. But we did end up getting the book version of BTS and I agree with your assessment.

Has anybody compared the content of the CDs to the workbooks? I've used both the workbooks and the CDs for the MindBenders series and I've noticed that the MindBenders CD has around 28 problems while the workbook has 70 pages. I was disappointed with how few there were in the CD version. Is this the same with the BTS CDs??