Menu

Help Name My Blog

I'm pleading the creative minds of the hive. I am a totally left-brained analytical accountant. ACCOUNTANT! Enough said...right? You've met us...we eat vanilla ice cream, wear black, navy and grey and tell jokes without the punch line.

Anyway, I would like to start a blog about homeschooling with a houseful of children with a working at home mom and two very special needs children.

For a long time we have been using "Sparrows Nest Academy" as our school name. I never did like it and I don't know where I came up with it. We just picked it and used it until I came up with something different.

I really don't like it.

I'm thinking maybe something with the word "cottage" in it? I don't know.

Please help!

:lurk5:

How about:

Counting the Days (a little play on your accountant profession)

The Sunset Cottage (reminds me of the beach at sunset)

I like these! I liked "Snug Cottage too, but it is nothing like our house. LOL! My Autistic son has a screaming tic and my MR son just screams because that's how he communicates. Snug and comfy vs loud and messy.

:lol:

“I would rather be poor in a cottage full of books than a king without the desire to readâ€

How about A Cottage Full or Fortissimo Cottage School?

I like those!

A Cottage Full is What I have! LOL!

Keep them coming ladies. I haven't quite "felt one" yet. They are close though.

I'm pleading the creative minds of the hive. I am a totally left-brained analytical accountant. ACCOUNTANT! Enough said...right? You've met us...we eat vanilla ice cream, wear black, navy and grey and tell jokes without the punch line.

Anyway, I would like to start a blog about homeschooling with a houseful of children with a working at home mom and two very special needs children.

For a long time we have been using "Sparrows Nest Academy" as our school name. I never did like it and I don't know where I came up with it. We just picked it and used it until I came up with something different.

I really don't like it.

I'm thinking maybe something with the word "cottage" in it? I don't know.

Please help!

:lurk5:

Do you want something school-ish? What about something clever like

Vanilla Icecream Academy

Accounts of Our Lives (you are an accountant)

Jokes Without A Punchline

Cottage Accounts

Vanilla Cottage (sounds too much like cottage cheese)

Do you want something school-ish? What about something clever like

Vanilla Icecream Academy

Accounts of Our Lives (you are an accountant)

Jokes Without A Punchline

Cottage Accounts

Vanilla Cottage (sounds too much like cottage cheese)

Well, I was thinking something school-ish, but that is why I come here, to help me think out of the box.

Now, no offense, but Vanilla Cottage does sound like Cottage Cheese. :tongue_smilie:

The other ones have possibilities. "Accounts of Our Lives"...Kind of like a soap opera; which is what my life is. :001_huh:

Jokes Without a Punchline... I may be taken by mistake for Carrot Top or something. ;)

Crazy Cottage or Krazy Kottage...I like funny names. I was The Grove Homeschool for a long time and it just didn't fit. My Nut Village captures the essence of our home education situation much better! They can wild and tribal at times!

Crazy or Krazy Cottage certainly fits. I just would never want my son to think that I was actually referring to him. KWIM? But if I were to referring to the entire situation, it should be alright..right? :leaving: