Menu

Live Camera on giraffe in labor?

If you go to http://www.earthcam/usa/southcarolina/greenville you will see a live webcam on a giraffe named Autumn who is very pregnant with her first baby. She appears to be in labor at this point, as she is becoming restive, and occasionally squats/strains a bit before resuming eating and marching around.

I cannot predict when the big event will happen, but if you check in now and then, you just might get lucky-- how many times do you get to watch a giraffe birthing?

If you look and see an empty pen, just wait a moment; she is wandering in and out of her shelter.

SO is the footage they are showing now a rerun from earlier in the day?

That's what I was wondering, as I'm getting what looks like live footage.

Maybe it's a giraffe decoy! Like when a celebrity goes into the hospital to have a baby and she sends a lookalike in a baseball cap and a pillow under her shirt to the front door, then sneaks in the back. Perhaps this is Faux Autumn! Clever.

That's what I was wondering, as I'm getting what looks like live footage.

Maybe it's a giraffe decoy! Like when a celebrity goes into the hospital to have a baby and she sends a lookalike in a baseball cap and a pillow under her shirt to the front door, then sneaks in the back. Perhaps this is Faux Autumn! Clever.

I don't know; maybe if you have been watching all along you are still in the feed loop, and new watchers are closed out? At the top of the screen, there are two tabs - one for live, one for archived footage. Hate that we are missing the big event. I could have counted it for science credit!