Menu

Do you remember when you were sick..

And you actually got to BE sick? Like lay around in bed watching movies and napping sick? I miss that. I've had a cold since the first of the week and life just plows on like normal. No rest. No down time. I'm glad it's not worse but I miss being able to rest when I'm sick.

YEahhhh... I remember that, long, long ago, before work & marriage. Eons before children. :D

And you actually got to BE sick? Like lay around in bed watching movies and napping sick? I miss that. I've had a cold since the first of the week and life just plows on like normal. No rest. No down time. I'm glad it's not worse but I miss being able to rest when I'm sick.

No. :sad:

Like when I used to call in sick to work, and could just lie in bed all day with a book and some junk food feeling sorry for myself, and then DH would come home a bit early with some delicious take out and ask me how I'm feeling?

Those were the days.

Funny how DH still gets to do that (though I'm not getting him takeout), while when I'm sick I have to soldier through. There really needs to be a hotline where SAHMs can call in sick, and Mary Poppins shows up for the day.

I guess I'm spoiled on this one. DH goes out of his way to take extra care of me when I'm sick. He even offers to come home if he's able to. One time my mom took off and came over (I was unable to care for DD sick that time though.) When I'm sick he takes over as soon as he gets home and sends me to bed.

I was sick a couple weeks ago and DD let me take an hour and a half nap with the baby. (I was only snoozing and resting, I still knew what she was up to.) When DH got home he dropped me off at the dr and took the girls shopping then sent me to lie down with the baby when we got home while he and DD made dinner and picked up my meds.

I occasionally get to be sick, but it is usually something pretty major. The last time was in January. I was retching nonstop in the doctor's exam room sink because of vertigo. They gave me a shot for the nausea, but DH had to drive 40 minutes to pick me and the kids up, leaving his car in the parking lot. I went straight to bed when we got home. The next day a friend came over to be with the kids. I was able to be up, but didn't do anything but sit and visit while she took care of the kids and made lunch.

If I really need to lie down for a little while (usually with a really bad headache), having a 12 year old makes that possible.

Yuck. No. I would hate that. When I am sick enough to declare a sick day - I go to my room and pass out. I don't want to watch tv, eat, chit chat... Just blessed healing sleeping oblivion.

That's how almost all of us are except for 2. Two are needy cuddle me, watch tv and bond while sick people. Poor things. They sort of suffer extra when sick here.:tongue_smilie:

ETA: it's rare enough for me to declare such a thing that our entire world stops spinning for the event and by golly they let me sleep.