Menu

Narnia birthda cake?

My daughter suggests (if you don't mind going with movie references) a simple sheet cake, frosted white, dusted with confectioner's sugar to look like snow and embellished with a lamppost and a figurine of Lucy.

As someone else said, you could also print out pictures of characters or whatever on cardstock, trim them and attach them to toothpicks, then stick them in the aforementioned white sheet cake.

If you wanted to get really crazy, you could always make the Dawn Treader. I made my son a ship-shaped cake for his Peter Pan-themed party several years ago. I'll attach a photo below. It really wasn't hard, I promise. I baked a round layer and a sheet cake. After they cooled, I cut the round layer in half and stuck the two pieces together with frosting. That became the body of the ship. Then, frosted the top of the sheet cake blue. I hacked out some of the center and stuck the half-circle in with the round side down. I frosted that part with chocolate so that it was brown.

Then, it was just a matter of attaching paper sails (which you could make in Dawn Treader colors) on skewers and sticking those into the "hull" of the ship. I added pretzel log on the bow.

Edited by Jenny in Florida