Menu

We haven't talked about Honey Boo Boo in a bit

I don't have cable, so I have to rely on the internet, and there hasn't been a full espisode posted in awhile. I've only seen clips.

Did Glitzy die or something?

And oh, heavens. I hope nobody actually bought any of the lemonade Alana tainted with her mouth and hands. That was pretty gross.

Although not as gross as the margarine and ketchup pasta sauce. (I had to shut that one down, it was so disgusting. lol)

I know they are all on a diet to try to lose weight, but the family hasn't a chance in hades in getting that accomplished.

Edited by LibraryLover

Guest submarines
I don't have cable, so I have to rely on the internet, and there hasn't been a full espisode posted in awhile. I've only seen clips.

Did Glitzy die or something?

And oh, heavens. I hope nobody actually bought any of the lemonade Alana tainted with her mouth and hands. That was pretty gross.

Although not as gross as the margarine and ketchup pasta sauce. (I had to shut that one down, it was so disgusting. lol)

I know they are all on a diet to try to lose weight, but the family hasn't a chance in hades in getting that accomplished.

:lurk5:

Glitzy went back because it was just too much - the oldest girl's baby on the way, potty training a piglet... I think the pig visited them at a pageant once.

I watched a couple of times but reality TV isn't my thing. I think they probably like each other a lot better than most reality show families do. They let it all hang out and I'm sure embellish some of it.

Glitzy went back because it was just too much - the oldest girl's baby on the way, potty training a piglet... I think the pig visited them at a pageant once.

I watched a couple of times but reality TV isn't my thing. I think they probably like each other a lot better than most reality show families do. They let it all hang out and I'm sure embellish some of it.

Was that on T & T?

I am like people during the Depression who went to the movies every week to escape. I comfort myself with clips of the inane. Instead of Shirley Temple, Micky Rooney, or Judy Garland, I have June. Same thing, right?

Edited by LibraryLover

I am like people during the Depression who went to the movies every week to escape. I comfort myself with clips of the inane. Instead of Shirley Temple, Micky Rooney, or Judy Garland, I have June. Same thing, right? "Let's put on a play!" is my "Let me watch some really awful programming! "

I totally agree with this. Watching things like this helps me to decompress at the end of a long day. I only watched Honey Boo Boo to see the "Forklift foot" :lol::lol: (I saw a clip and HAD to see it) but then got sucked into a few more episodes.

I agree that they actually like each other and seem to work well as a family, even though they are...well, what they are. Who knows what is "staged" or whatever, but at least they aren't screaming obscenities and flipping tables like on SOME shows. :tongue_smilie:

And oh poor, poor Scarlet and Isabella. And everyone else ever on T & T. That is another train wreck that made me look! :lol:

I totally agree with this. Watching things like this helps me to decompress at the end of a long day. I only watched Honey Boo Boo to see the "Forklift foot" :lol::lol: (I saw a clip and HAD to see it) but then got sucked into a few more episodes.

I agree that they actually like each other and seem to work well as a family, even though they are...well, what they are. Who knows what is "staged" or whatever, but at least they aren't screaming obscenities and flipping tables like on SOME shows. :tongue_smilie:

And oh poor, poor Scarlet and Isabella. And everyone else ever on T & T. That is another train wreck that made me look! :lol:

:) Yep.

How are they? Their mother is nuts. Tell me what you know. I want cable. :auto:

Edited by LibraryLover

:) Yep.

How are they? Their mother is nuts. Tell me what you know. I want cable. :auto:

Well, the most recent episode I saw with them in it was maybe last month...? I don't know. But it is a MUST SEE. Seriously. It was a Las Vegas pageant, which already brings out the crazies and a lot of "oh no they DIDN'T" kind of behavior and outfits. (being a showgirl is lame and tame in this episode) Everything was completely OVER THE TOP. Several super rich families or baby daddys or grannies that apparently have nothing better to spend their money on (limos, helicopters, ETC!). And DRAG QUEENS are judging. Really. I couldn't make this stuff up.

Scarlet and Isabella don't have the cute rich baby thing going for them anymore and really weren't into it. It is a shame what their crazy mom spends and they just sort of stand there. Or do something weird. And now they have an new baby brother who is joining the pageant world. How OLD is this mother anyway??

I feel so so sorry for the kids on this show, I really do. Their parents are really setting them up for a lot of disappointment and bad choices. I think of them as just characters on a show because it is hard to imagine someone doing this stuff to their kids. I hate watching it but it is fascinating at the same time...I know, there is no need to justify. ;)

I find the whole T&T and HBB thing horribly compelling.

I know it's trash TV, I know it's cut for shock value, I know all that. But still, I find it fascinating. Not just the people on the shows (cause I've figured out that this isn't what all Americans are like!) but all the comments and reactions are less manipulated and even more interesting.

For example, many people seem to be disapproving, even disgusted, by Alana's family, but most of the reasons given are full of prejudice - basically people criticizing the family for nothing more than being fat and lower class/poor/from a certain area. (I also had to look up the definition of redneck, because here one of the characteristics of a redneck is that they will be conservative and judgmental. Which is exactly the attitude displayed by those who mock the family because one of the daughters is single and pregnant.)

Given that the TV people will have shot hours and hours of footage for each episode, and that each episode is only about 15 minutes of footage (with some bits being repeated several times), chances are they have spent a lot of time and effort in showing the family in the worst possible light. I suspect that if somebody filmed my family for a few weeks, they could easily pick out all the worst and most ridiculous moment, put them out of context (complete with thundering musical effects to emphasize how fat I am) and come up with something just as bad.

Probably a balanced depiction of the family would show that they are a bit crazy, maybe a bit uneducated, but perfectly nice people. Even with this nasty show, you can see that the mom loves the girls and works hard to care for them. Most parents make a few bad judgement calls; that doesn't make them "abusive" as so many people have suggested.

Just a quick question from me as an ignorant foreigner, does Alana actually have some kind of speech impediment, or is it just a strong accent/dialect?

Edited by Hotdrink

I know it's trash TV, I know it's cut for shock value, I know all that. But still, I find it fascinating. Not just the people on the shows (cause I've figured out that this isn't what all Americans are like!) but all the comments and reactions are less manipulated and even more interesting.

For example, many people seem to be disapproving, even disgusted, by Alana's family, but most of the reasons given are full of prejudice - basically people criticizing the family for nothing more than being fat and lower class/poor/from a certain area. (I also had to look up the definition of redneck, because here one of the characteristics of a redneck is that they will be conservative and judgmental. Which is exactly the attitude displayed by those who mock the family because one of the daughters is single and pregnant.)

Given that the TV people will have shot hours and hours of footage for each episode, and that each episode is only about 15 minutes of footage (with some bits being repeated several times), chances are they have spent a lot of time and effort in showing the family in the worst possible light. I suspect that if somebody filmed my family for a few weeks, they could easily pick out all the worst and most ridiculous moment, put them out of context (complete with thundering musical effects to emphasize how fat I am) and come up with something just as bad.

Just a quick question from me as an ignorant foreigner, does Alana actually have some kind of speech impediment, or is it just a strong accent/dialect?

Nope. It's an accent.

Nope. It's an accent.

That's what I thought. But there were a lot of rude comments along the lines of "the parents should teach the kid to speak".

I love some of their expressions. I've been working "all that Vajiggle-jaggle, it just ain't beautimous!" into every possible conversation.

I gotta get cable. She has another baby?? Wow. That's like what? 8 kids now, no? It's not like she is a Dugger (gold-digger, maybe). You can also see she is addicted to plastic surgery. Maybe they bought an egg? She has to be close to 50. Even with the various 'enhancements', she doesn't look that young. She looks smoth and trim, but not all that young.

Well, the most recent episode I saw with them in it was maybe last month...? I don't know. But it is a MUST SEE. Seriously. It was a Las Vegas pageant, which already brings out the crazies and a lot of "oh no they DIDN'T" kind of behavior and outfits. (being a showgirl is lame and tame in this episode) Everything was completely OVER THE TOP. Several super rich families or baby daddys or grannies that apparently have nothing better to spend their money on (limos, helicopters, ETC!). And DRAG QUEENS are judging. Really. I couldn't make this stuff up.

Scarlet and Isabella don't have the cute rich baby thing going for them anymore and really weren't into it. It is a shame what their crazy mom spends and they just sort of stand there. Or do something weird. And now they have an new baby brother who is joining the pageant world. How OLD is this mother anyway??

I feel so so sorry for the kids on this show, I really do. Their parents are really setting them up for a lot of disappointment and bad choices. I think of them as just characters on a show because it is hard to imagine someone doing this stuff to their kids. I hate watching it but it is fascinating at the same time...I know, there is no need to justify. ;)

Edited by LibraryLover

Probably a balanced depiction of the family would show that they are a bit crazy, maybe a bit uneducated, but perfectly nice people. Even with this nasty show, you can see that the mom loves the girls and works hard to care for them. Most parents make a few bad judgement calls; that doesn't make them "abusive" as so many people have suggested.

Yes. I agree! ( I snipped some of your post. ) That is a real accent. I love it.

:iagree:

I just keep forgetting it's on.

Alana has a very thick accent but I'm from an area where thick accents are predominant so I think that's all it is. She sounds like a lot of folks I know.

Of all the reality TV families I'd like to hang out with Honey Boo Boo's family the most. Despite their faults they seem like 'real' people.