Menu

White House Greetings Office - Babies, Weddings, Eagle Scouts, etc.

Seriously????

I think it is a nice gesture and harmless fun.

Then I think of the extra work load, paper and postage wasted, and it all makes me frustrated. I wonder what the cost is to tax payers for this service?

Why, oh why would they waste taxpayers money to do such a thing.

Maybe an automated email service would be able to serve a similar purpose but reduce the man power needed to maintain it?

Seriously????

I think it is a nice gesture and harmless fun.

Then I think of the extra work load, paper and postage wasted, and it all makes me frustrated. I wonder what the cost is to tax payers for this service?

Why, oh why would they waste taxpayers money to do such a thing.

Maybe an automated email service would be able to serve a similar purpose but reduce the man power needed to maintain it?

I've thought the same thing. I can remember my grandparents getting an anniversary card about 25 years ago, so it's not anything new but I think it's a practice that should probably end. Tax payers money saved but jobs lost to those running the program..... ugh.

I've thought the same thing. I can remember my grandparents getting an anniversary card about 25 years ago, so it's not anything new but I think it's a practice that should probably end. Tax payers money saved but jobs lost to those running the program..... ugh.

:iagree:

My younger son wrote the President a couple of years ago and got a nice (form) letter back and picture. I thought it was a good civics lesson for him and if it gets more kids interested in government, I think that's okay.

:001_huh: that's not what this is tho.

He didn't ask for a greeting card from them. There is not a civics lesson in that. He sent a letter and got a response, canned tho it was. There is a civics lesson in that.

Well as the mom of an Eagle Scout I was more than happy to be able to get something from the White House to commemorate the moment. There are other less momentous occasions that could be removed from that list but I am happy we were able to get this for our DS. There are FAR more wasteful things that go on on the hill that they could do away with. Easter Egg roll? That is just dumb.