Menu

Only 1 child can have an outside class, help pick

I already enrolled DD in Shakespeare as she was interested in that. She is 12. I also have 6 and 4 yr old sons. I cannot afford for each child to take tons of classes. My 12 yr old did not take a bunch of classes when she was this age.

So..at the homeschool store, they offer classes and one is Apologia General Science. DD says she is not interested at all. But she still have to do the curriculum, it is just from home, I will have to try to do all the activities and such with her. Not the end of the world or anything.

For the younger children, there is an art class that is for ages 3-7 so both children can be in it together. There is also...for just my 6 yr old, a "World-History-O-Fun" class where they do things like mummify a stuffed animal and volcanos and such. It is for grades 1-3. There is also an Apologia Astronomy class, that is for grades 1-6.

DDs Shakesspeare class is only 1 semester. Maybe I could afford 1 class per child. What would you pick?

I would save the money on the 4 and 6 year old. They don't really need these classes, and if finances are tight, I would just wait a year and spend the money on a good class for DD in an area that you are not great at teaching and learning with her.

If I were to enroll a 4 and 6 year old in anything, it would be a really good swim program.

I'd enroll the 6 yo in art.Only because I don't ever really end up teaching art.I'd happily hand it off to someone else to do.I wouldn't enroll the 4 yo in anything formal yet unless he showed a particular aptitude for art and could sit and listen to instruction (my youngest,at 4,would not have been able to handle it well).And I'd figure that the 12 yo has made her choice for a class already.