Menu

amazon - "need help deciding? ask a friend now"

Anyone see this message pop up while shopping on amazon? "Need help deciding? Ask a friend now."

Has anyone tried it? Who is this "friend" exactly, and what do they know about what I'm looking at?

Signed: Dying of Curiosity But Too Scared to Click

It's me. I'm the "friend" on Amazon. At a certain point, Amazon and I have spent so much time together that we are BFFs. Now when people can't pick books, Amazon looks aver at me and says, "Hey, do you want my friend to help you?"

:lol: Just kidding. Click it and find out for us....

:lol::lol::lol:

It's me. I'm the "friend" on Amazon. At a certain point, Amazon and I have spent so much time together that we are BFFs. Now when people can't pick books, Amazon looks aver at me and says, "Hey, do you want my friend to help you?"

:lol: Just kidding. Click it and find out for us....

That's funny!

I click on NOTHING. Well, except items I am going to buy.

Yes, I am a friend of Amazon too, I think.

Interesting. At least it isn't a blanket advertisement of your question to all of your FB friends. I hate it when Amazon asks if I want to share news of my purchase with others. I about choked the time it asked me that when I had just ordered undies through Amazon. Yeah, like I want all of my FB friends to see exactly what size and color of undies I ordered. :lol:

Yeah, what's up with that? On what planet does it make sense to market for retailers to my friends for nothing? This is AMERICA. PAY ME!;)

Just kidding. I don't "like" anything. It results in endless streams of advertising to me and to others.

I shop Amazon all the time, and I've never seen this. Maybe I'm just not that observant? Or maybe Amazon simply knows that I don't appear to have difficulty with just making the purchase, LOL.

Today it was in the bottom right corner. It seems to happen when I stay on a page for, say, 30 seconds. They assume I'm thinking, but usually it's because someone interrupted me.