Menu

Dd needs prayers and good thoughts please

Starr

Dd is in a terrible roommate situation. New students and orientation leaders arrive early. Roommate #2 was just awful within 24 hours. How can you be so mean so soon? She's been mad that she was put in a triple since summer and began posting about it on facebook. She made no effort to be friendly. Dd and the first roommate were getting along really well and then it all went downhill. Roomie #1 is turns out to be passive and lets the other girl have major fits directed toward dd! So the plan to make my dd upset enough to move to any other dorm is working. :confused:

Pray that she gets another room worked out this week so she can get some sleep and pull herself together. Her new phone quit working and we finally talked to her on skype. She was with other friends but didn't look great. Poor dh, he wants all the details and she's just not giving them. She looks exhausted. Thanks

Pray that she gets another room worked out this week so she can get some sleep and pull herself together. Her new phone quit working and we finally talked to her on skype. She was with other friends but didn't look great

Can she stay with these other friends until it does get worked out?

Prayers for quick resolution and for peace..

Ame

Pray that she gets another room worked out this week so she can get some sleep and pull herself together. Her new phone quit working and we finally talked to her on skype. She was with other friends but didn't look great

Can she stay with these other friends until it does get worked out?

Prayers for quick resolution and for peace..

Ame

I think she is camping out in another dorm. The school is so small that these changes are more difficult. It's such a pain when we saw this coming before school ever started. I guess some people are just mean.

Good for her for not staying in an unacceptable situation. Good lesson in learning how to advocate for oneself when mom and dad are not there. Hopefully, the resident assistant and residential life office will take care of the problem within the next few weeks (or better yet, next few days). It is so distressing for everyone when these things happen.

I am very sympathetic as I am going to be sending two off to school in a day or so, and am worried about similar issues..

If she gets along with the second girl, could they BOTH request a new room? It would send the message that your dd is not.the.problem.

The other girl caters to mean girl. I really pray for other girl that she doesn't end up with a boyfriend or husband that treats her like this. She is constantly trying to make things better for mean girl. It's really beyond the usual not getting along. :(

On the bright side, last I heard, 2 other girls invited dd to room with them. Maybe it's a blessing for the situation to be bad enough to get out of right away and have a peaceful semester. :)

On the bright side, last I heard, 2 other girls invited dd to room with them. Maybe it's a blessing for the situation to be bad enough to get out of right away and have a peaceful semester. :)

I hope the new roommates work out wonderfully for your daughter. :001_smile:

My freshman roommate experience was a nightmare. The first time I ever saw my dad cry was when my parents said good-bye to me after settling me into college. I found out much later that my dad was primarily crying because he was so worried about me after meeting my roommate and her parents.

But then she flunked out at the end of the first semester and I had a double room to myself for the rest of the year. I did feel bad for her because she had to leave college. But not having to deal with her made second semester so much better.