Menu

Am I the only one...

Marsha

who cannot follow a schedule.

I like to buy the spine and all of the books picked out for me, but I cannot follow a schedule.

I like to pick up the book and read, do a craft if we will like it, and do readers or read-alouds in the order we want to read them in.

Is anyone else like this?

Oh sure! I did the same thing. I bought SL3+4 last year. I started out using the schedule, but I am not good with schedules. I use them as basic guides only. With the reading part, we just read what we wanted to. We are switching to SOS computer based curriculum this year. It is scheduled, but the kids have to follow it, it's not based on me. I will try to schedule (and I use that term lightly) the reading associated with their lessons. We will see how that goes.

yep! I found that when I was using winterpromise that I loved the book selections and even enjoyed reading the teacher's guide but I hate following a schedule because we like to do what WE like to do LOL. My kids find it bizarre to switch from book to book and will sit for a longer time listening to me read than most schedules might expect (given their ages) so we just go with the flow. I tend to just pull the books for whatever we are reading and have them out and we pull from them as we feel like it and it all works out.