Menu

personal question on developing daughter

I have one daughter and she is nearing 12. She is just starting to develop breasts. (VERY early stages and I am small myself, so I don't expect that she will be very big in that area anyway). However, when she wears certain types of clothing it is noticable (if you are looking for it), do I need to be doing something...a training bra, encouraging her to wear looser clothing, etc. This is all new so any advice you can give me is greatly appreciated. thanks.

When my daughter started developing, I had her wear camis under certain shirts. Then we went to sports bras all the time. Now we are at training bras (with a little padding for more modesty).

Does she feel uncomfortable? My daughter did. I just explained that it is all a part of developing into a woman and nothing to feel uncomfortable about.

Linda

You can find sports bras in the tween girls clothing at target. My dd preferred sports bras to anything else. You also don't need to spend a lot of time deciding about fit, like a regular bra.

We did lots of sports bras and camis.

My girls never had the joy:tongue_smilie: of going into "Olga's Corset Shop" to be measured be 2 cackling huge bOOked old Russian ladies, who pointed and laughed.....:glare:

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh, the mortification us moms have gone through and try to save our daughters from! I hope they appreciate me!

When my daughter started developing, I had her wear camis under certain shirts. Then we went to sports bras all the time. Now we are at training bras (with a little padding for more modesty).

Does she feel uncomfortable? My daughter did. I just explained that it is all a part of developing into a woman and nothing to feel uncomfortable about.

Linda

:iagree:

I have one daughter and she is nearing 12. She is just starting to develop breasts. (VERY early stages and I am small myself, so I don't expect that she will be very big in that area anyway). However, when she wears certain types of clothing it is noticable (if you are looking for it), do I need to be doing something...a training bra, encouraging her to wear looser clothing, etc. This is all new so any advice you can give me is greatly appreciated. thanks.

It's noticeable that she is developing breasts and she should wear looser clothing? Why is the development of breasts something that she should necessarily hide? If her hair grows or her legs grow does she have to hide that, too?

I'm not trying to pick on you, but my mom was like this when my oldest developed boobs. I told her, "What's the big deal? If she wants to dress differently she will let us know!" (This child was/is naturally modest, so we aren't talking about her wearing hoochie clothes.)

When dd began 'popping out' (as she put it) we started with camis-- not just white-- colored ones too (sometimes they would show and she wanted to look coordinated-- or rather like the cami had a 'fashion' purpose).

After camis she moved on to sports bras and then slightly padded bras.

This summer she moved out of the 'bra optional' stage! We did have to go to a few different stores, but she was able to find a brand/style that was comfortable and gave her the desired results (smooth NOT popping!).

BTW-- dd noticed the popping before I did but was too embarrassed to let me know that it was bothering her... she is much better about talking 'girl stuff' with me now.