Menu

where to buy microscope?

Where are some good places to buy a used or refurbished or otherwise inexpensive but good, working microscope? Either on-line or elsewhere. We live far from larger cities so probably on-line is our only option other than getting super lucky on craig's list.

I am pasting this from an earlier thread, if it looks familiar to anyone. ;)

We have the celestron 44104. It has an abbé condenser, iris diaphragm and mechanical stage. It has 10x and 12.5x eyepieces, and 4x, 10x and 40x objectives. You could buy a 100x objective seperately if you really needed it (it is honestly not used that much). It has an LED light and a mirror (some of the reviews complain it has an incandescent bulb, I ordered this recently and it has an LED). It came with a cover and 5 prepared slides. It has fine and coarse focusing knobs. It was a bargain from amazon @ $125.

I know a lot of people like the Sonlight microscope

A lot of people also like these from home science tools:

http://www.hometrainingtools.com/hom.../p/MI-4100DXL/

http://www.hometrainingtools.com/ult.../p/MI-5000DHD/

Microscope World was very helpful for us. It's an online site, but I would suggest calling customer service before buying anything. I just told them my needs and budget. The customer service representative pointed me to a perfect scope for us.

:)