Menu

Hashimoto's and Armour question???? (Celiacs with thyroid issues, too)

I have had two docs tell me that I have Hashimoto's and yet neither has recommended a dietary change. I found that on my own and went gluten free. I immediately recovered from my years of stomach pains and constipation. I think if I were tested, I would at test gluten intolerant. I have also cut out grains except for rice and occasionally some quinoa. I have never cut out dairy, but it does not cause me any discomfort at all. I have been on Levoxyl, iodine, and another thyroid supplement the whole time.

Lately, I have started to experience hypo symptoms again and have had the bloating and other TMI tummy issues even though I have continued to avoid gluten. I went to a different doc that treats with natural methods and was switched to Armour at my request. My TSH was soaring and many other thyroid related levels were way off. I will admit that I have been out of the iodine and thyroid supplement for about a month.

I have only been on Armour for a few days and have been extremely careful about gluten, but the bloating and such actually seems worse. I think I may have been glutened at a restaurant last weekend though. I ask because I have read that Armour may not be gluten free, plus it contains corn products which those with Hashimoto's are supposed to avoid. Levoxyl was gluten free, but my body wasn't converting it properly.

If you have Celiac disease or Hashimoto's, do you take Armour. If not, what do you take?

And, do I REALLY need to cut out dairy? That would be SO hard since I LOVE cheese, sour cream, butter, yogurt, etc. Milk, I never drink.

I have Hashimoto's, and have gone grain-free and dairy-free for various lengths of time for reasons other than thyroid, but neither have affected my thyroid functioning at all. I think it's possible to have the issues related, as they are autoimmune, but since the causation is different, they could very well not coexist.

• 1 month later...

If you haven't yet, I would most definitely cut out dairy too. They are trouble makers that like to hang out together. Most people who are sensitive to one are sensitive to both.

Be careful with Iodine. For some with hashimoto's, iodine actually fuels the attack on the thyroid. I know a few people who feel better on Synthroid than Armour, but not everyone. It depends on your specific issues and reactions to meds. Synthroid works for me. I also take selenium and magnesium.

Hope you find relief.

Also, if your body is not converting levoxyl properly then you might want to boost your selenium intake and take l-tyrosine as they help with conversion.

I was also not a milk drinker, but I did not feel great until I cut out all grains, dairy, and legumes (beans, peanuts, etc). I followed the http://www.whole30.com diet (free diet on the website) and I found that I was more sensitive than I originally thought. No cheese or peanut butter :angry: I feel so much better now so it is worth it :001_smile:

If you haven't yet, I would most definitely cut out dairy too. They are trouble makers that like to hang out together. Most people who are sensitive to one are sensitive to both.

Be careful with Iodine. For some with hashimoto's, iodine actually fuels the attack on the thyroid. I know a few people who feel better on Synthroid than Armour, but not everyone. It depends on your specific issues and reactions to meds. Synthroid works for me. I also take selenium and magnesium.

Hope you find relief.

Some with Hashimoto's do not do well on Armour or other NTH until at least the autoimmune aspect is under control. Something about the NTH being too similar and causing further antibody response.

One the iodine, too LITTLE iodine can flare the autoimmune fire for some. But higher doses actually can bring the antibodies back down. You do want to make sure and be taking selenium, vitamin C, and magnesium to help the thyroid balance out.

Some with Hashimoto's do not do well on Armour or other NTH until at least the autoimmune aspect is under control. Something about the NTH being too similar and causing further antibody response.

One the iodine, too LITTLE iodine can flare the autoimmune fire for some. But higher doses actually can bring the antibodies back down. You do want to make sure and be taking selenium, vitamin C, and magnesium to help the thyroid balance out.

Too little iodine, too much iodine ~ there are two camps on this and I have no idea which one to believe! I go back and forth in my mind. I was taking a supplement that had iodine and it made me feel great for a week and then I crashed so I am scared of it. I cut back to sea salt and no supplements with iodine a while ago. I can't decide whether to try it again or not. I even bought bladderwrack at Vitamin Shoppe the other day and then returned it, unopened. Ugh

I'm on Armour and have Hashimoto's and am grain free. I don't have celiac disease. At first I went gluten free, but improved in the bloating department only when I also removed rice and potatoes. I'm still able to do dairy. If you love your dairy stuff, maybe do two or three weeks off grains/starches altogether (using whole 30 or paleo) and see if it improves?

I have two sisters, two daughters, and a niece who all have Hashimoto's and do well on Armour. One sis and one dd tried Synthroid and Levoxyl and were miserable, but I know everyone is so different and reacts really differently to these meds. My sis is actually on Erfa and does better on that than the Armour, something about the binders.

Too little iodine, too much iodine ~ there are two camps on this and I have no idea which one to believe! I go back and forth in my mind. I was taking a supplement that had iodine and it made me feel great for a week and then I crashed so I am scared of it. I cut back to sea salt and no supplements with iodine a while ago. I can't decide whether to try it again or not. I even bought bladderwrack at Vitamin Shoppe the other day and then returned it, unopened. Ugh

There are definitely two iodine camps. I know if my antibodies were ever to go up again, it would be high iodine or none. And if I was using the iodine it would NOT be without selenium (iodine's very important counterpart).

But, as with any medical decision, it is very hard to know what direction is best to take.

I'm going to somewhat thread hjack here - does anyone else have Hashimoto's but is not being actively treated for their tyroid? My sister and dad have Hashimotos and I was tested and my thryoid levels were normal but I had antibodies present (I'm sorry I'm exhaused and don't have all the technical terms). Anyway, my doc told me that means I have it too but I don't need treated or to see an endo until my actual thyroid levels are off).

I have some serious stomach issues and never ever thought of connecting the two - I swear my stomach just hates me. Even multiple daily bowls of greek yogurt didn't regulate my tummy - actually it made it somewhat worse!

Was there a particular source that others with Hashimotos read that suggested cutting out wheat/dairy? Until recently, I did cut out almost all dairy b/c nursing baby was allergic. Just added to yogurt about 6 weeks ago for a month - thinking that now that she is 19 months maybe she grew out of it. No such luck, a big flare up of eczema about 3 or so weeks in. :-(

ETA; I was tested for Celiac when I was pg with DD#3 - but it came back negative.

I'm going to somewhat thread hjack here - does anyone else have Hashimoto's but is not being actively treated for their tyroid? My sister and dad have Hashimotos and I was tested and my thryoid levels were normal but I had antibodies present (I'm sorry I'm exhaused and don't have all the technical terms). Anyway, my doc told me that means I have it too but I don't need treated or to see an endo until my actual thyroid levels are off).

I have some serious stomach issues and never ever thought of connecting the two - I swear my stomach just hates me. Even multiple daily bowls of greek yogurt didn't regulate my tummy - actually it made it somewhat worse!

Was there a particular source that others with Hashimotos read that suggested cutting out wheat/dairy? Until recently, I did cut out almost all dairy b/c nursing baby was allergic. Just added to yogurt about 6 weeks ago for a month - thinking that now that she is 19 months maybe she grew out of it. No such luck, a big flare up of eczema about 3 or so weeks in. :-(

ETA; I was tested for Celiac when I was pg with DD#3 - but it came back negative.

The way it was explained to me is that gluten has a very similar structure to one of the thyroid parts or enzymes(?) that antibodies are created against. So if you are eating gluten the body is causing more antibodies which then cause more destruction of the thyroid gland.

If I had "normal" thyroid function but had antibodies I would actively be treating the autoimmune component (of which gut health is a huge part)! You do not want autoimmune activity occurring. Plus I don't trust "normal" levels as normal many times does not mean optimal. If your TSH was anything over 1.5 or 2 and your Free T3 was anywhere near the bottom of the range I would be doing your own research on what normal should be.

If you are having stomach issues AND you are having thyroid antibodies, going GF makes HUGE sense.

If you are having stomach issues AND you are having thyroid antibodies, going GF makes HUGE sense.

Can I say amen to this? Also, I wasn't having a single stomach issue or sign of celiacs at all, but going off of all grains and dairy has been a life saver. I feel human for the first time in many years, my TPO numbers have dropped, and the inflammation in my body is subsiding. I would seriously start with the free diet outline on http://www.whole30.com just to help get rid of some inflammation. Auto immune usually means inflammation and you will not heal until you get it out of your body. You have a great chance of lowering your levels and possibly never ever needing thyroid meds. It is worth a try!

OP here. I went extremely Paleo and cut everything recommended for those with autoimmune issues including:

All grains(was already gf)

Dairy

Soy

Corn

Legumes

Nuts

Eggs

Nightshades

I eat meat, fruit, veggies, and fat. I also had my Armour dosage increased. It is hard to say if I feel better since I have had a terrible cold, but I dropped nine pounds with no exercise. I wasn't what you would call overweight either.

It has been four weeks and I tried adding dairy back. It didn't hurt my stomach at all, but I was in the bathroom quite a bit the next day so I have cut it back out. I don't think my Armour dosage is quite right. I cut the iodine after some research but he been consistent with my thyroid supplements. I want to get my antibodies checked again before trying high doses of iodine again. I do know that I was consistently having to increase my Levoxyl dosage for a couple of years, then I started thyroid supplements and high doses of iodine and my TSH stayed level for three years. Then BANG! It soared.

I hate this disease. I know it is nothing compared to what others deal with. I just don't like the fact that there seems to be no definite 'to do' list to control it. I feel like my body is a constant chemistry project and I am trying to find the perfect balance. Then when I think I have found it, it changes.

Edited by mothergooseofthree

OP here. I went extremely Paleo and cut everything recommended for those with autoimmune issues including:

All grains(was already gf)

Dairy

Soy

Corn

Legumes

Nuts

Eggs

Nightshades

I eat meat, fruit, veggies, and fat. I also had my Armour dosage increased. It is hard to say if I feel better since I have had a terrible cold, but I dropped nine pounds with no exercise. I wasn't what you would call overweight either.

I hate this disease. I know it is nothing compared to what others deal with. I just don't like the fact that there seems to be no definite 'to do' list to control it. I feel like my body is a constant chemistry project and I am trying to find the perfect balance. Then when I think I have found it, it changes.

I am on almost the exact same diet and have been for some time. As far as the hate for the disease.....I could have written that last paragraph myself. For a split second I thought maybe you were quoting me from something. It is so frustrating, isn't it? Just a :grouphug: to say that I understand. I do feel like I am one big experiment but since my body is not consistent, it always fails. :001_huh:

I am on almost the exact same diet and have been for some time. As far as the hate for the disease.....I could have written that last paragraph myself. For a split second I thought maybe you were quoting me from something. It is so frustrating, isn't it? Just a :grouphug: to say that I understand. I do feel like I am one big experiment but since my body is not consistent, it always fails. :001_huh:

I thought the same thing. I finally cut ALL grains from my diet....even rice and oats....and I almost feel human....sigh. I still eat sugar sometimes....in chocalate:D. But only sometimes. I am down 94 lbs as of yesterday....it took my 14 years of roller coastering....but I am going to reach that 100 lb point...but I plan on being extremely healthy when I do.

I find I need the combo of an extremely strict diet....along with lots of exercise, fresh air, and sleep to make it all work.

Since cutting grains, I lost more weight, but even more important, I do not need any painkillers, laxatives, or sleeping aids anymore!!!!! That is the biggie for me.

Good luck!

:grouphug:

Hashimoto's and been gluten free for years. Was taking Armour but new Dr explained why my tests were off and we are trying Synthroid again. The Armour had been too much for too long my body was no longer taking in the t3 properly. So far feeling ok on the Synthroid. Taken at night on empty stomach. Way better than previous attempts on this medicine. I have noticed more tummy issues lately and wonder about dairy.....

I was recently diagnosed with Hashimoto's. My Dr. put me on Levothroid, 4 weeks ago. I still feel crappy. Can someone point me towards the information about iodine and going dairy free? I love milk but it does seem to be bothering me. My antibody level was 631.

Thanks,

Kim

Hang in there. It can take a few months of consistently taking your meds before you feel better. Making sure you are taking them on a completely empty stomach and then don't eat for an hour. Also, your doctor should re-test your levels after 6 weeks to make sure you are on the correct prescription strength. When it all comes down to it, auto immune disease (like Hasthimoto's) means you have a lot of inflammation in your body. I highly recommend going to http://www.whole30.com and trying the diet on their website. It is restrictive but it will take all inflammatory foods out and allow you to slowly try them to see which ones make you feel yuck. Honestly, with Hashimoto's, I would consider cutting all gluten and dairy as a lifestyle as it is known to fuel auto immune response. Whole 30 also recommends cutting beans, peanuts, all grains, etc. and that may or may not need to become a lifestyle change for you. For me, I had so much inflammation that I have had to remain on a whole 30 style diet.

I will try to find some good links and post them for you. :001_smile:

I'm going to somewhat thread hjack here - does anyone else have Hashimoto's but is not being actively treated for their tyroid?

I have it and I'm not being treated. My antibody levels are above 875 yet my TSH, T3, and T4 are in "normal" range. The endo says it's just a matter if time before my thyroid dies.

I also have celiac. That was diagnosed first and then two weeks later the Hashimoto's. I have been gluten free for a year and I've had the thyroid antibody checked three times so far this past year. Each test my levels have gone up despite being gf.

I have other symptoms that I've seen a cardiologist for. He suspects that I have nerve damage from the inflammation due to celiac and Hashimoto's. I'm supposed to see a neurologist, but I need a break from doctors for a bit.

I have it and I'm not being treated. My antibody levels are above 875 yet my TSH, T3, and T4 are in "normal" range. The endo says it's just a matter if time before my thyroid dies.

I also have celiac. That was diagnosed first and then two weeks later the Hashimoto's. I have been gluten free for a year and I've had the thyroid antibody checked three times so far this past year. Each test my levels have gone up despite being gf.

I have other symptoms that I've seen a cardiologist for. He suspects that I have nerve damage from the inflammation due to celiac and Hashimoto's. I'm supposed to see a neurologist, but I need a break from doctors for a bit.

So you aren't doing anything beside going GF to help get the inflammation or the antibodies down? If so, what caused you to make that choice?

I just wanted to say that I was on Armour for about 3 years and then I took myself off this summer to see how I'm doing. They retested me recently at the OB and said I was fine and for now don't need to be on medication but I need to go back and see an endrocinologist or maybe a more natural type of doctor like a chiropractor I heard of in the area that helps treat thyroid issues naturally. The problem with the natural way is that they often want you to go on diets or take supplements that aren't allowed when you're pregnant so I don't know how they could really help me. I haven't thought about having stomach problems but I did have severe constipation at the beginning of this pregnancy. I'm about 11 1/2 weeks now. I am tired but that could just be the pregnancy. I'm waiting until I go back to the OB to get the referral and see if my tiredness lowers as I enter the second trimester. I'll be watching for more stomach issues to see if I need to try going GF in the future. That would be really hard, though with a big family :-(

I just wanted to say that I was on Armour for about 3 years and then I took myself off this summer to see how I'm doing. They retested me recently at the OB and said I was fine and for now don't need to be on medication but I need to go back and see an endrocinologist or maybe a more natural type of doctor like a chiropractor I heard of in the area that helps treat thyroid issues naturally. The problem with the natural way is that they often want you to go on diets or take supplements that aren't allowed when you're pregnant so I don't know how they could really help me. I haven't thought about having stomach problems but I did have severe constipation at the beginning of this pregnancy. I'm about 11 1/2 weeks now. I am tired but that could just be the pregnancy. I'm waiting until I go back to the OB to get the referral and see if my tiredness lowers as I enter the second trimester. I'll be watching for more stomach issues to see if I need to try going GF in the future. That would be really hard, though with a big family :-(

It can take months for thyroid meds to completely leave your system. In the meantime, if your levels rise your baby could be at risk. They pulled labwork at every visit when I was pregnant and on thyroid meds. Please make sure they retest you often. It can cause miscarriage or developmental issues if your levels are not correct. My OB was insistent on keeping my levels just above hyperthyroid when I was pregnant. Make sure your OB knows that you were on thyroid meds just before the pregnancy or she/he may not see the urgency to check your levels.

Just my two cents.

So you aren't doing anything beside going GF to help get the inflammation or the antibodies down? If so, what caused you to make that choice?

Because I was told that going gf to control celiac was the only thing I could do. I have asked four doctors now if there is anything I can do to bring my thyroid antibody levels down or at least keep them from rising. All of them said no.

I have been tested for allergies. Nothing showed up.

So when I asked what my choices are I was told by each doctor that I have none other than being really vigilant avoiding gluten to control the celiac.

A friend of mine has Hashimoto's as well but she doesn't have celiac. She did a gf trial and was tested for celiac. The test was negative and the gf trial did nothing to bring down her antibody numbers. I asked her if there was anything to do to bring down the antibody numbers and she said nothing in her research indicated so.

It can take months for thyroid meds to completely leave your system. In the meantime, if your levels rise your baby could be at risk. They pulled labwork at every visit when I was pregnant and on thyroid meds. Please make sure they retest you often. It can cause miscarriage or developmental issues if your levels are not correct. My OB was insistent on keeping my levels just above hyperthyroid when I was pregnant. Make sure your OB knows that you were on thyroid meds just before the pregnancy or she/he may not see the urgency to check your levels.

Just my two cents.

What kind of thyroid meds are you thinking of that don't leave your system for months? The half life of T3 is less than a day and the half life of T4 is 1-2 weeks(?) causing it all to be removed by approximately 6 weeks?

But I totally agree that correct thyroid levels are crucial to the health of the baby.

I have Hashimoto's but am not taking any medication for my thyroid because my numbers have always been in range. They swung from high normal to low normal, and that's when my doc had me tested for the antibodies. At the time, I was actually on a greens supplement with a ton of iodine - I wonder if that's what triggered the onset of my Hashimoto's but am not sure. I avoid iodine now.

I was already thinking of changing my diet because of lifelong stomach issues. I went gluten, dairy, and soy free plus cut out anything else that gave me problems (quinoa, oats, eggplant, peppers, melons, oregano, beans, etc!!!) My stomach is so happy now.

As for the Hashimoto's, I was retested and my antibodies had dropped just into normal range after doing this diet for about a year. The problem is that I'm still battling fatigue, but I think my adrenal glands are at issue there.

Oh, I have never been tested for Celiac, but have been tested for gliadin (gluten) antibodies and was positive in a couple different tests. I'm a big proponent of elimination diets. Cut things out and then add them back in after a few weeks to see how you feel (except for gluten, I'm off of that forever.)

Good luck figuring it all out!

Because I was told that going gf to control celiac was the only thing I could do. I have asked four doctors now if there is anything I can do to bring my thyroid antibody levels down or at least keep them from rising. All of them said no.

I have been tested for allergies. Nothing showed up.

So when I asked what my choices are I was told by each doctor that I have none other than being really vigilant avoiding gluten to control the celiac.

A friend of mine has Hashimoto's as well but she doesn't have celiac. She did a gf trial and was tested for celiac. The test was negative and the gf trial did nothing to bring down her antibody numbers. I asked her if there was anything to do to bring down the antibody numbers and she said nothing in her research indicated so.

I was told the same by my endocrinologist, that there really aren't any dietary interventions for Hashimoto's or anything that I can really do to heal or control this particular issue other than thyroid medications. I'm really only chiming in because we talked specifically about Hashimoto's and other autoimmune disorders. Apparently, it is not unusual for people with other autoimmune disorders to develop Hashimoto's, but that having Hashimoto's alone does not increase the likelihood of developing other autoimmune disorders. It makes me wonder, while reading this thread, if those who benefit from dietary interventions actually also have other developing or hidden autoimmune issues.

I am very new to this, as my doctor called me in July to tell me that my thyroid levels were Very Low. So I am following this thread with interest.

Cat

I was told the same by my endocrinologist, that there really aren't any dietary interventions for Hashimoto's or anything that I can really do to heal or control this particular issue other than thyroid medications. I'm really only chiming in because we talked specifically about Hashimoto's and other autoimmune disorders. Apparently, it is not unusual for people with other autoimmune disorders to develop Hashimoto's, but that having Hashimoto's alone does not increase the likelihood of developing other autoimmune disorders. It makes me wonder, while reading this thread, if those who benefit from dietary interventions actually also have other developing or hidden autoimmune issues.

I am very new to this, as my doctor called me in July to tell me that my thyroid levels were Very Low. So I am following this thread with interest.

Cat

That is what makes me very sad about conventional medicine. They focus on symptoms and do not look for the nutritional deficiencies that are causing the imbalance. Thus they don't have a lot of hope to offer patients in regards to true healing. Best to be your own advocate.

Cat

There so so many newer studies showing that proteins in gluten and dairy act as a fuel for auto immune disease. If you take away the fuel, the fire will die down. Will it cure you? I really don't think so. Can it cause that fiery auto immune response to go into remission? Absolutely.

My friend just discovered something very interesting. She just had an *inflammation* test done. Not an allergy test. She's had two allergy tests done and both cam back negative for any allergies. This test was an inflammation test to food. The test did 300 foods. She has a list of food that she now avoids because her white blood cells react to these foods. In four weeks her eczema has completely cleared up. (Her eczema is why she took the test as it was really bad.)

As an unexpected side effect she has had to reduce her thyroid meds in order to avoid hyper symptoms. She has an appointment to have her thyroid levels checked.

She says she feels amazing, and will never go back to eating her trigger foods again.

I found it interesting that gluten was NOT one the things she should avoid. The test cleared her for gluten. Her body does not react to it. In fact, on her okay foods is listed barley and rye.

This is the test she took.

If my thyroid antibody numbers have not decreased in Nov when I have my next check I'm considering doing this test.

My friend just discovered something very interesting. She just had an *inflammation* test done. Not an allergy test. She's had two allergy tests done and both cam back negative for any allergies. This test was an inflammation test to food. The test did 300 foods. She has a list of food that she now avoids because her white blood cells react to these foods. In four weeks her eczema has completely cleared up. (Her eczema is why she took the test as it was really bad.)

As an unexpected side effect she has had to reduce her thyroid meds in order to avoid hyper symptoms. She has an appointment to have her thyroid levels checked.

She says she feels amazing, and will never go back to eating her trigger foods again.

I found it interesting that gluten was NOT one the things she should avoid. The test cleared her for gluten. Her body does not react to it. In fact, on her okay foods is listed barley and rye.

This is the test she took.

If my thyroid antibody numbers have not decreased in Nov when I have my next check I'm considering doing this test.

That is VERY interesting! But it makes sense to me from what I have researched. And it is extremely interesting that gluten is not one of the foods. Which also goes along with what I have felt. Gluten is not always the culprit.

She can get her own thyroid blood tests through online labs.

That is VERY interesting! But it makes sense to me from what I have researched. And it is extremely interesting that gluten is not one of the foods. Which also goes along with what I have felt. Gluten is not always the culprit.

She can get her own thyroid blood tests through online labs.

I can't wait until she gets her results. I'm so happy for her.

Everyone, including her doctor, told her to cut out gluten and she did but she never felt better and her eczema never got better either.

I think gluten has gotten a bad rep lately. Yes, it causes problems for a lot of people (like me with celiac) but it doesn't cause problems for everyone. While I hate gluten with a passion due to what it does do me, I don't go around telling everyone that if they cut gluten from their diet it will cure all their ailments. I've met plenty of people who do this. Cutting gluten is the newest buzz around in the world of diets and nutrition, but gluten is not always the problem.

Oh, back to my friend, casein is one of the things that she reacts to. However, she had already cut diary out a few years back. It was all the other foods that she never thought of that has made a difference. Rice being one of her top foods she reacts to.

I can't wait until she gets her results. I'm so happy for her.

Everyone, including her doctor, told her to cut out gluten and she did but she never felt better and her eczema never got better either.

I think gluten has gotten a bad rep lately. Yes, it causes problems for a lot of people (like me with celiac) but it doesn't cause problems for everyone. While I hate gluten with a passion due to what it does do me, I don't go around telling everyone that if they cut gluten from their diet it will cure all their ailments. I've met plenty of people who do this. Cutting gluten is the newest buzz around in the world of diets and nutrition, but gluten is not always the problem.

Oh, back to my friend, casein is one of the things that she reacts to. However, she had already cut diary out a few years back. It was all the other foods that she never thought of that has made a difference. Rice being one of her top foods she reacts to.

I completely agree with you here. Gluten can be an inflammatory food for those with a tendency toward inflammation. It isn't a magic wand for everyone's problems though. I had to cut out all grains, dairy, and legumes before my inflammation decreased. I wonder if the test is accurate if you are not currently consuming a food?

• 8 months later...
Guest Foster8675

I am new and have a question...I was recently switched to armour from tirosint and am having both hypo and hyper symptoms..heart racing, throat congestion. Poor sleep, anxiety and insomnia, sluggishness and exhaustion. I don't understand this response, especially the throat congestion. I would like to know if anyone experienced these symptoms and did they go away? I really like that my brain fog has cleared on the armour, but I certainly can't tolerate the lack of sleep and heart racing. Is the throat congestion the autoimmune response to the natural thyroid?

Any help is so appreciated.