Menu

Stalking the updates for Well-Planned Day...

Professormom

Me too! I am really annoyed that I payed for the Beta as I just put myself in planner limbo for the summer. I have never felt so disorganized :)

Anxiously awaiting today's updates to see if it is actually workable. Fingers crossed!

I am annoyed that I was lured by the pretty factor. I have barely logged on and quit getting excited after the 2nd Q&A which was pretty much the same as the 1st where they kept talking so much about what the planner is "eventually" going to be capable of doing.

I have actually gotten to the point that I forget to check and see if any of the "fabulous" capabilities are there yet.

I am lucky that I have hst+ already and bought a print planner for this year...but WPD digital was a huge waste of $$$ if you wanted to plan this summer.

I have barely logged on and quit getting excited after the 2nd Q&A which was pretty much the same as the 1st where they kept talking so much about what the planner is "eventually" going to be capable of doing.

I have actually gotten to the point that I forget to check and see if any of the "fabulous" capabilities are there yet.

ditto

I know... What is it about pretty, shiny things:tongue_smilie: they suck me in!

I really do think that if hey can get really up and moving by that first week in August, that they will build some good vibes back up. But, I wish I would have waited too, it has frustrated me and I ended up putting stuff into HST+, just so I would have something to work off of when we start back up in 8/20...

Me! I'm still so annoyed at myself for paying for the stupid beta.... that hasn't done anything I need it to. It really needs to start working as a homeschool planner, like, now.

:iagree:

I really wish they would just focus on the lesson planning and assignment features. I have Google calendar for managing my day to day family life.

Unless they release a really robust lesson plan feature within the next week or so, I'll be shelving it completely. Considering how lackluster and buggy the assignment feature has been, I'm not very confident at this point.

I really wish they would just focus on the lesson planning and assignment features. I have Google calendar for managing my day to day family life.

Unless they release a really robust lesson plan feature within the next week or so, I'll be shelving it completely. Considering how lackluster and buggy the assignment feature has been, I'm not very confident at this point.

:iagree: I'll be cancelling within my 30 day time frame if this release isn't worth it.

I have emailed telling them that at the LEAST this last month should not count against our one year subscription, our year should start when it it FUNCTIONAL. I suggest you do the same! The 30 days wasn't enough, the lesson features were supposed to be up before my 30 days was up, and they pushed it off again and again. I know weather sucks, but really?

:001_huh:

You'd think in 30 days they would have the homeschooling features up. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone at this point. I don't trust the company.

I have emailed telling them that at the LEAST this last month should not count against our one year subscription, our year should start when it it FUNCTIONAL. I suggest you do the same! The 30 days wasn't enough, the lesson features were supposed to be up before my 30 days was up, and they pushed it off again and again. I know weather sucks, but really?

:001_huh:

You'd think in 30 days they would have the homeschooling features up. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone at this point. I don't trust the company.

This is a fair point. I haven't really been able to "use" it yet.

I am SUPER excited at the possibilities though! :D

I'm pretty patient with technology, but this as pushed me to my very limit. I didn't buy the beta for the household stuff. I wanted a homeschool planner, and nothing works. I don't care about how pretty it is, or the different colors/themes. Just make it go! :glare:

I'm pretty patient with technology, but this as pushed me to my very limit. I didn't buy the beta for the household stuff. I wanted a homeschool planner, and nothing works. I don't care about how pretty it is, or the different colors/themes. Just make it go! :glare:

The best thing we can do is keep telling THEM these things :001_smile:

Has anyone had any luck putting in lesson plans yet? :(

I tried to put in one, and it seemed to work, but it gave me a due date of today even though I selected August 13 as my date.

I also tried to add some literature and ended up at a page full of code when I pressed save.

This is exactly how I feel.

I'm generally pretty patient, but the software isn't in beta, as far as I'm concerned. They should still be doing internal alpha and QA testing.

I've cancelled too. It just doesn't look like this will have the features I need even when it is finished. I agree with others, this isn't beta testing. I'm just glad I can get some of my money back. So disappointing...

Drats. I'm bummed to hear all the negativity about the online planner. I was really hoping the Well Planned Day planner would be the thing for me. Sigh.

Back to the drawing board.

I think it *may* be better later, but I just wouldn't waste time nor money on it right now. Wait until they get it actually working and tweak it, etc., then try it out.

I watched most of the webinar, played around some more this morning, and requested a refund. :(

I think it's going to be nice, but they are SO far away from being complete. My DH, who works in software, said that this is NOT beta testing. It's not even alpha testing; it's software development. This is stuff they should be doing internally.

There are too many problems and bugs with the lesson planning. Even when I was able to get the lesson plan to work and assigned to the calendar, it wouldn't show up under my assignments list. Too frustrating (and too much $) for a beta testing. It's unusable for me this school year.

I purchased a month subscription to HST Online. I've been watching their youtube videos - SO helpful.

I also pre-registered for the webnar and could not get in with the email link. I have had nothing but issues with this but past the 30 days due to 'it is coming' and I keep waiting.

I watched it this morning, this is not a good fit. Still too many bugs. Of all the software building they use Coldfusion which has a tendency to be a pain in the rear. This is so buggy. Tons of coding issues obviously.

I keep reading clear history etc, we should not have to do that each day or opening the planner to run this.

I want to cancel, I do not think I will use this at all and upset I feel for the bait when it dangled so pretty. Lesson learned.

I think it's going to be nice, but they are SO far away from being complete. My DH, who works in software, said that this is NOT beta testing. It's not even alpha testing; it's software development. This is stuff they should be doing internally.

There are too many problems and bugs with the lesson planning. Even when I was able to get the lesson plan to work and assigned to the calendar, it wouldn't show up under my assignments list. Too frustrating (and too much $) for a beta testing. It's unusable for me this school year.

:iagree: This is not Beta testing. And features I want to use, that were supposed to be available July 16th, still aren't ready. I need to get my school year planned, and can't wait around any longer. I too plan to ask for a refund. I'm really disappointed.

Well, I watched the webinar. I must be a glutton for punishment, but I still think it is going to be awesome... Once it is actually done.

My plan is this... I think I am going to use HST (Homeschool Tracker Online) for this semester. Just because I really need to plan ahead of time. Then, I am going to keep up with the WPD updates and work with it.

Ach, I know they are trying to do a good job and frankly, I do credit them with realizing where they were lacking and trying to rework their plan. Everything else that has come from them, I have enjoyed, so I am going to keep on the benefit of the doubt thing for now and see what happens.

HST is really good too, but I need a mobile option that syncs for offline use and WPD will have that eventually:tongue_smilie:

Guest dailydwelling

Well, unfortunately, I purchased the Beta in June and now I don't think I can use it. I just ordered a print calendar and I hope it gets here soon as we're already in our second week of school for this year. I hate that I'm so behind!!

I'll take another look at WPD when it's released, but right now there are just too many bugs and it takes way too long to do anything. At this rate, it would take me 8 hrs. just to enter one week's lesson plans/assignments.

I was originally interested in WPD software, but decided against it after not hearing anything good. I attended their first Q&A and didn't really get any answers. I ended up buying a subscription to HST online and love it. I was attracted to the pretty factor of WPD, but HST is functional, which is what I really need. I'm not a super techy person, but HST has been very easy to figure out. In three days I have about 75% of my planning in and will be ready to go when school starts for us in August. I'm just sharing this for anyone who is considering alternatives. I'm on a Mac, so HST wasn't an option for me until the online came out.

Well, unfortunately, I purchased the Beta in June and now I don't think I can use it. I just ordered a print calendar and I hope it gets here soon as we're already in our second week of school for this year. I hate that I'm so behind!!

I'll take another look at WPD when it's released, but right now there are just too many bugs and it takes way too long to do anything. At this rate, it would take me 8 hrs. just to enter one week's lesson plans/assignments.

I bought it in june too, and still asked for a refund. I haven't heard back, but IMO, it would be awfully shady to not give it at this point considering it took so long for them to get up lesson planning features. You should ask if you really feel like you can't use it.

Edited by BugsMama

I woke to an email from them. With the time exchange and I was not on last night I missed it.

No mention of response to my return or not liking it. They asked if I had a chance to go back in with IT working on it.

No, IT has not fixed it. With the load of ppl using it the servers can not hold it. Lots of complaints still on fb too.

Emagine- I was told on facebook:

"Good morning! You may contact jenniferk@hedua.com directly for refunds. Thank you."

Have you tried emailing her yet?

I still have not received a response, but I am going to keep pushing for one. In 30 days, they did not have lesson planning features up, so I could hardly make a decision in that time. They need to refund the money, plain and simple, they advertised a product that did not exist (as in the screenshots that show features that are not there), and cried beta, when it was no where near beta level.

Good luck, I hope you get the refund you deserve.

Emagine- I was told on facebook:

"Good morning! You may contact jenniferk@hedua.com directly for refunds. Thank you."

Have you tried emailing her yet?

This is who I contacted and she replied that she had refunded my payment and she cancelled me out of the system. Nothing in my bank account yet but I am assuming it may take a few days. She may be overwhelmed with requests right now too considering how many are upset.

Good luck,

This is who I contacted and she replied that she had refunded my payment and she cancelled me out of the system. Nothing in my bank account yet but I am assuming it may take a few days. She may be overwhelmed with requests right now too considering how many are upset.

Good luck,

Thank you for the update! Were you also over the 30 days?