Menu

OH Outlander to be made into a Cable TV series!!!

I've heard rumblings about this for years, but this time, it appears to be moving forward:

Ron Moore To Adapt 'Outlander' Novels Into Cable TV Series

Let the casting fun begin :001_smile:. Who are *your* Jamie and Claire? What about the rest of the characters?

ETA: Sorry about the OH in the title. I didn't mean Ohio Outlander! Not sure how I messed that up.

I just saw this, too. The series was strangely addicting, though I kept wanting to slap Claire. LOL I hope with Ron Moore at the helm it'll be good. As for which actors to play Jamie and Claire? No clue. Looking forward to others suggestions, though...

I just saw this, too. The series was strangely addicting, though I kept wanting to slap Claire. LOL I hope with Ron Moore at the helm it'll be good. As for which actors to play Jamie and Claire? No clue. Looking forward to others suggestions, though...

I thought I was the only one!

:leaving:

I hope it turns out well. Years ago I thought Kate Winslet would be a good Claire but she might be a bit old now. Have you seen those youtubes on people's picks for the characters? Some are interesting but none of the ones I saw (again, years ago) had a Jamie that was right.

Could be really good. Could also go horribly, laughably wrong (which could be kind of fun, in its own way). I look forward to it.

I also quite like the idea of the Ohio Outlander: Dinna fash. I've put plenty of cinnamon in the chili. Is the wee spaghetti finished?

YES! We are not alone. :D

:cheers2:

I haven't thought about casting in years. All of the actors I used to think would make a good Jamie are too old now ;). I did see, in the comments of that article, that a few people said Chris Hemsworth (THOR!). That could work for me!

:cheers2:

I haven't thought about casting in years. All of the actors I used to think would make a good Jamie are too old now ;). I did see, in the comments of that article, that a few people said Chris Hemsworth (THOR!). That could work for me!

Oh Baby! I love Chris Hemsworth!

I hate to be a terrible wet blanket--(I hope it does make it to air!). . . but just because something has been purchased for screen writing on TV rights, doesn't mean it'll actually be picked up.

The series has been optioned for film several times and never made it to the screen.

I do hope it'll make it to cable though!

I just won't be holding my breath too firmly.