Menu

Detailed review of Created to Be His Help Meet

I don't think so and disagree with your assessment. By the way, have you read the Pearl's "Jumping Ship" series about how a legalistic, boring home life with overly strict rules and no fun causes Christian teens to "jump ship" to more exciting waters? I thought it was very good, actually.

No, I wouldn't care to read more of the Pearls. I do have good gut instincts though I had to acquire them. I was a young naive woman who was conned by a guy who not only conned me but three other women and an entire police department. I suppose that's why I tend to have compassion for people who are drawn into a con. I was quite lucky to have woken up and realized what was going on before it was too late. Which goes back to that - 'But for the grace of God, go I...'.

My gut instincts lead me to believe that there are no pearls for me among and of the Pearls' books. I no longer need to step in a steaming pile of dung to realize what it is. I recognize it by smell.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, absolutely. The snarky implication that I am akin to those "perfect" women whom she ever-so-wisely dumped as friends, prompted the "whatever", to which I assume you are referring.

The rest is just common sense. It is true. Most people are NOT stellar liars who can cover for very long. There are rare individuals who are, and we often hear about them having another family stashed somewhere or something.

Actually, that wasn't aimed at you specifically. I had two people I actually know IRL in mind when I wrote that, but, if the shoe fits...

It's here. And for those who don't wish to click - and I can't blame you - here are the pertinent excerpts:

He describes the "sodomite agenda" before that, and his children's non-state-sullied marriage declarations below.

And now, I will go bleach my eyes. :ack2:

:ack2::ack2::ack2: 1,000 times over - yuck.

And isn't it kind of hypocritical his statement: "We expect the state to continue to recognize our marriage, granting us all the protection and rights that marriages have traditionally enjoyed." If it's that important to separate yourself - give up all those CIVIL rights and protections in favor of what your church provides.

I had to respond to both of these false statements.

Sure, evolution in beliefs occurs. But character generally doesn't change, I'd contend.
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Ephesians 4:24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

2 Corinthians 3:18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

since my husband was my head and had a direct line with God,

Galatians 3:26-29 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body--whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free--and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

Ephesians 2:18 Through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.

1 John 2:20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth. 1 John 2:27 As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you.

I had to respond to both of these false statements. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Ephesians 4:24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

2 Corinthians 3:18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Galatians 3:26-29 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body--whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free--and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

Ephesians 2:18 Through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.

1 John 2:20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth. 1 John 2:27 As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you.

Oh, so your impression was that we were distinguishing born-again "new creations" from the unregenerate, for lack of a better term here? That's not what was being discussed or my point at all.

But if you want to go there, look at the scriptures that are talking to those already in Christ: Clearly, there is still a battle to be waged while we are still in these bodies. You only want a partner who has a demonstrated pattern of at least somewhat successfully regularly walking in the spirit and not in the flesh. Could someone dramatically change when he becomes a new creation in Christ? Likewise, could a Christian change dramatically because of the influences he is letting in that are feeding his flesh? Sure. But you don't want to choose this sort of unstable individual in the beginning as a mate. That was my point.

Galatians: 5:16-18 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and do not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh; for these are opposed to each other, to prevent you from doing what you would. But if you are led by the Spirit you are not under the law.

"The mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God's law." Romans 8:7

This charge I commit to you, son Timothy, according to the prophecies previously made concerning you, that by them you may wage the good warfare, having faith and a good conscience... 1 Tim 1:18

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:10-12