Menu

AAS storage box

tuckabella

Snort.

Mine arrived yesterday. I never read the fine print that said it will fit all 7 levels plus THE WORD CARDS YOU'RE CURRENTLY WORKING ON. I have multiple kids using multiple levels. Now I have to go find *another* box (of any sort for all I care at this point) to hold the rest of the cards so they're not ruined by the time the next kid needs them.

Also, I feel very stupid for not realizing the divider cards were $4.95 for ONE LEVEL worth of cards. Seriously? $35 (7x5) + $10 + "other storage" to organize my stuff that I paid a pretty generous price for to begin with?

I love the program (seriously, no complaints there), and I know it's my fault for not reading more carefully, but I never would have guessed that this is what was going to arrive. :glare:

Also, I feel very stupid for not realizing the divider cards were $4.95 for ONE LEVEL worth of cards. Seriously? $35 (7x5) + $10 + "other storage" to organize my stuff that I paid a pretty generous price for to begin with?

Wait, what? I have to buy new divider cards for each level?! I have AAR1, AAS1 and the interactive kit sitting on my RR wish list but for some reason I feel like I'm not ready to click buy. Then I scour reviews some more and reluctantly settle back on AAR/AAS but in my heart I know it's not what I want.

Wait, what? I have to buy new divider cards for each level?! I have AAR1, AAS1 and the interactive kit sitting on my RR wish list but for some reason I feel like I'm not ready to click buy. Then I scour reviews some more and reluctantly settle back on AAR/AAS but in my heart I know it's not what I want.

I don't have new dividers for each level. I leave them behind the appropriate divider. Plus, each level comes with dividers, although the apparently don't fit the box properly because they are not the laminated ones.

I don't have new dividers for each level. I leave them behind the appropriate divider. Plus, each level comes with dividers, although the apparently don't fit the box properly because they are not the laminated ones.

Which is fine if you're only using 1 level. I guess I did get carried away... I'll only ever use 3 levels at a time, so I suppose I don't need 7 divider sets. I was just surprised. I thought I was going to be all uber organized, lol.

The paper dividers are way too wide for the box.

I just use a clear plastic index card box (sterlite?) from walmart that cost $1-$2. It's not the standard index card size, but the next size up. I keep a stack of blank index cards behind the rest of the cards so I can add any extra words we need help with. We're going through 2 levels (2kids), so I taped color coded post-it notes on the lid & on the front of the box. I just look at the color and know which box to grab.

hth

So I went to Target tonight. I forgot to bring one of the cards with me. I happened upon a plastic box called a "medium clip box". It is basically a clear box with a colored locking hinge thing on each end. Hope that made sense. Here http://www.target.com/p/sterilite-medium-clip-box-set-of-4/-/A-14054753is a link. That link looks strange on my iPad. If it doesn't work, just go to Target's page and search for "medium clip box". At a store you can purchase just one box, not four like the link shows. I tried it with a pkg of index cards at the store and I was fine with the fit. I came home and tried out the actual AAS cards, and it is fine. Might be a tad too wide for some, but they aren't crammed in there and the price point sure is a lot better at 2.99 each!

Anyway, thought I would update this in case anyone cares and wants to give it a try.

So I went to Target tonight. I forgot to bring one of the cards with me. I happened upon a plastic box called a "medium clip box". It is basically a clear box with a colored locking hinge thing on each end. Hope that made sense. Here http://www.target.com/p/sterilite-medium-clip-box-set-of-4/-/A-14054753is a link. That link looks strange on my iPad. If it doesn't work, just go to Target's page and search for "medium clip box". At a store you can purchase just one box, not four like the link shows. I tried it with a pkg of index cards at the store and I was fine with the fit. I came home and tried out the actual AAS cards, and it is fine. Might be a tad too wide for some, but they aren't crammed in there and the price point sure is a lot better at 2.99 each!

Anyway, thought I would update this in case anyone cares and wants to give it a try.

FYI the dimensions listed on the website are for the outside of the box, not the inside.

I purchased the AAS box at my local homeschooling store (so no shipping) after looking at several places for boxes...it is a tough size to find, and I didn't think to look for plastic boxes like PP. The box is "pretty", and currently holds all of my phonogram, sound, and key cards for level 1-4; the word cards for level 4, and all the cards for AAR pre-level. I cut the manila colored cardstock dividers that come with the AAS to fit...it looks fine, IMO. Now $5 for dividers does seem expensive. I haven't had any issues and dont see why they need to be laminated. Each level comes with a set of dividers anyways, so in the unlikely event a divider card was ruined, you'll have a new set with each subsequent level.

That said, for the price of the program, the box and the laminated $5 dividers should be free!